January 4, 2011

Let's talk noses....

Hello, Beautiful!

Some of you know, from reading past blog posts, that my dog broke my nose a few months ago (back in August). When he broke my nose he also collapsed my deviated septum, which I had fixed back in January 2009 to improve my breathing. It's no secret - I want my nose fixed! I hate how crooked it has become and my breathing is back to how it was before I had my deviated septum repaired. Not only that, but sometimes when I apply foundation on my nose I can hear and feel crunching, which just makes my nose hurt (it makes it hurt just thinking about that, yuck!).

From the day my dog broke my nose I said I wanted to have it fixed. Before having my nose broken it was slightly crooked, which I didn't really mind, and it was big with a bump, but again I didn't really mind. It was my nose and I was going to live with it. But when my dog broke my nose... well, all that "I'm going to live with my nose" talk went out the door. It's not my nose anymore... it's a crooked weird nose that I wasn't born with.

At this point it's just a matter of when the surgery will take place. I'm hoping it will be in March, that's the plan anyway.  I want to have my surgery before the summer (I'm an amusement park enthusiast; I go 1 to 3 times a week in the summer and I will not miss out on that fun). I know the healing process takes time (a year for full results... sometimes even two years), but after 8 weeks I should be okay to return to normal life (meaning, if I have my surgery in March I should be good to ride roller coasters in June... but that's something I will have to ask my surgeons about).

My mother-in-law works at Thomas Jefferson Hospital in Philadelphia, and she's worked with a very good nose doctor up there - which she recommends highly. But going to him would require so much hassle: taking my son out of school, traveling 4 hours to Pennsylvania, not seeing my husband or dogs for a week, and having to stay at my parent's house... which isn't the ideal recovery space. Not to mention having to travel for all follow up appointments. So while he comes with a good recommendation from my mother-in-law, I just have to try and find someone down here in Virginia.

Which brings me to my questions for my blog readers (you can email me if you don't want to leave a comment on my blog):
  1. Did you get a nose job?
  2. If so, who did your nose?
  3. Is there anything you wish you would have asked at the consultations that you may have forgotten to ask?
This isn't my first plastic surgery (I've had my boobs done twice - once to have them fixed... long story), so I have an idea of what to look for and what to ask. But I want to hear opinions on what to ask from those that have had a nose surgery (or chin implant surgery).

I begin my consultations with Virginia surgeons this week. So far I have 3 consultations set up and another 4 or 5 docs on my list, which I contacted by email over the weekend (I'm just waiting for a response).

I'm really excited for my consultation on Thursday - right now he's the doc I think may end up being my doc. But I am excited to meet with all the docs and see who I feel will be the best match.

At the same time I'm getting my nose fixed I'm also getting my chin implant. I have a recessed chin naturally, which has bothered me since high school. I will leave my mouth slightly open to drop my chin a little more forward or if my mouth is closed I do this jaw/chin-push-forward thingy that makes my chin not recessed. I've been doing this for 10 years now, so it's become a natural habit; I just want to be able to not have to do that to feel like my chin is "normal". I don't want a big chin; I just want my chin to be proportioned with my face. And since I'll be getting surgery for my nose anyway, I figured it would be a good time to get that done too so I don't have to do more than one surgery or so I don't have any regrets that I should have done it.

I'm sure you will see posts on this blog about my plastic surgery journey - from consultations, to the actual surgery, to recovery, to before & afters. I'm not a shy or private person when it comes to that kind of thing.

In fact, if anyone is interested in having their boobs done and if they have any questions I'd be more than happy to tell you about what happened to me. I had complications after my surgeries (after both), so I definitely do not have the perfect breast augmentation surgery story. But I think my story can help because it wasn't perfect. Just send me an email if you have any questions. If I receive enough emails about boob surgery I might just make a blog post about my boob surgery.


So please, if you had your nose or chin done please send me an email with your story. I'd love to read it and I'd love to see before and after pics too! I'm especially interested if you had your surgery in Virginia, Maryland, D.C., or West Virginia.

P.S. I'll be back to normal beauty related posts soon... I've just been busy with some personal things going on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)