January 28, 2011

Nail Art: Inspired by Jason Mraz and Getting Engaged

Hello, Beautiful!

It's not secret that I love Jason Mraz; his music is so relaxing, uplifting and happy. He inspired my "Be Love" lifestyle and my "Be Love" tattoo. He also inspired some nail art!


Right now I only have one Jason Mraz nail art design to show you, but I can promise you I'm working on more (I have some sketches, I just need to find time to make the on nails).

Geek In The Pink
Inspiration: The first Jason Mraz song I ever heard was "Geek In The Pink", and from that day on I was hooked on his music. The word geek became something hip, something even sexy (at least in my eyes - but I've always been into geeky, artistic and muscial guys over the muscle heads). I still listen to that song pretty often, and it's my default ringtone on my phone. All that lead to this very simple nail art:
Nail colors used to create the above design:
Color Club - She's Sooo Glam (pink), Nail Ritz Nail Art Pen - White (white), Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat


And although not technically Jason Mraz, it was sort of inspired by him. He recently became engaged so I made two nail art designs inspired by engagment:

Showing Off The Ring
Nail colors used to create the above design:
Hard Candy - Sky (blue), American Apparel - Summer Peach (arm/hand), Claire's - Glitter Top Coat (ring), Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat


Ring Finger
Nail colors used to create the above design:
American Apparel - Summer Peach (base color), Sally Hansen - Celeb City (silver), Claire's - Glitter Top Coat (glittery diamond), Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat


And then I did one love inspired nail art design:
Nail colors used to create the above design:
Sally Hansen - Celeb City (silver), Butter London - Primrose Hill Picnic (pink), Nail Ritz Nail Art Pen - Black (black), Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

1 comment:

  1. I love loveee LOVE the love heart. It's adorable! I wanna use it as an accent nail. Too bad I tank at nail art. :P

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)