February 18, 2011

Victoria's Secret Brilliant Shimmer Shadow in Silverdust: Swatches & Review

Hello, Beautiful!

I love Victoria's Secret Brilliant Shimmer Shadows, but up until now I only had one (Nightdust). But on my latest Victoria's Secret trip I picked up a new shade to add to my collection: Silverdust.

Don't let the name fool you, this really isn't a silver. It looks like a pale gold in the jar, but swatches with a silver undertone. Making it a golden silver (if that even makes sense). Either way, I like it. It has a pretty luminosity to it, making it a really beautiful shade. It's one of those shades that can make your eyes look awake and bright (just like Victoria's Secret Minerals Luminous Shadow in Bubbly).

Victoria's Secret Brilliant Shimmer Shadow retails for $10 each and is available in six shades. Click here to check out this shimmer shadow on VS's website.

This is a loose powder shadow, so if you prefer a pressed powder shadow you may not like these. I like all kinds of shadow (pressed powder, loose powders, creams and liquids), and I'm particularly fond of loose powder shadows because they're generally very pigmented - and yes, this one is nicely pigmented.

Onto the swatches...

* click on a photo to view it larger *


Silverdust
Shade Description: Although it looks like a pale gold in the jar, this loose shadow swatches with a silver undertone. I'm calling this a golden silver shimmer.

Have you tried these loose powder shadows from Victoria's Secret? If so, what are your thoughts and what shade do you like?

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! That is pretty! I should try some. :p

    xO

    Check out my blog!
    http://queenbeeemily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)