March 11, 2011

Stila Adventurous in Aspen palette - Swatches & Review

Hello, Beautiful!

Yesterday I posted my swatches and review of the Stila Road To Radiance Across The U.S.A. Collectible Travel Palette No. 1. It was the first of their $10 palette's to come out and since then there has been a few, including today's blog post about the Stila Adventurous in Aspen Palette.

You can pick up the Stila Adventurous in Aspen palette on Sephora's website for $10.

Here's what it looks like on the front:

And on the back:

On the inside:

SWATCHES
(eyeshadow) Snow Angel: a shimmery smokey lilac.
(eyeshadow) Icicles: a shimmery smokey blue.
(eyeshadow) Glisten: a shimmery bronze gold.
(eyeshadow) Ajax: black with gold glitter.
(convertible color) Rosy: a rose pink.

So what do I think?

I like this palette a little more than the Road To Radiance Across The U.S.A. palette. The shade Snow Angel was described as a heather grey, but I find it to be a lilac with a slight smokey undertone and not very grey at all. I still like it. It's my favorite shadow out of the four. The color Ajax has the least pigmentation, but the others were decent.

Again, I'm not a fan of the Convertible Color (I don't like creme blushes and I don't like the consistency to use on my lips), so I really can't say much about it.

Now let me break down the value of this palette, since I love breaking down values of things! Especially because they say this has a value of $65!

I'll start with the eyeshadows... The total weight of the eyeshadows (for all four) is 0.15 oz -- divide that by four and each shadow is 0.04 oz.

A regular, full sized Stila eye shadow is 0.09 oz (@ $18 each) - making the size of each shadow in this palette valued at $8. Times that by four and the four eyeshadows are valued at $32.

Then there is the Convertible Color - which in this kit is 0.09 oz.

A regular, full sized Stila Convertible Color is 0.15 oz (@ $25) - making the size of the Convertible Color in this palette valued at $14.97.

If you're following along that brings the value of this palette to $46.97.... where is the other $18.03 in value they say this palette is worth? Maybe I did my math wrong, or maybe I'm right in saying this palette does not have an original value of $65.

With all that said, it is a good value - only paying $10 for $46.97 in product - that saves you a little over 75% off! So to me, it's still a good value, but not what Stila is saying this palette is worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)