May 23, 2011

Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes

Hello, Beautiful!

Continuing the Week Of Make Up For Ever, I bring you one of my favorite eyeliners; Aqua Eyes!

I love these liners because they apply smoothly, have great pigmentation, are waterproof, and last all day! I wear these to the amusement park and never need to worry about my eyeliner; I know it's not going to budge!

I only own Aqua Eyes in the shade 0L Mat Black, but I do want them in other shades. I have about four of the same shade, two that are mini's and two that are full sized. I use them until they are tiny nubs, which is something I rarely do with any eyeliner.

They don't last in the inner rim/waterline of my eye, but there isn't a whole lot that will. Other people can wear them on their inner rim/waterline with no problems; I wish I could do that because then I wouldn't need any other liners. But still, this is a GREAT liner!

Onto swatches...


Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes: Shade 0L Mat Black
Shade Description: A rich black; no shine (hence the "mat" part of the shade name). Your basic, need to have it, black shade.
[Sorry that the pencil shown below is so little; it's actually the longest pencil I have left in this shade. I use them way too often and didn't take pics of it when I first received it.]


Basic stats for Make Up For Ever's Aqua Eyes:
Formula: pencil; creamy and smooth
Coverage: highly pigmented
Wear: all-day wear; waterproof!
Shade Range: 25 shades on Sephora.com
Container Type: regular width pencil with pull-off clear cap
Cost: $18 for 0.04 oz size
Availability: Found at Sephora and Sephora.com
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!


Formula:
This pencil is awesome. Smooth and creamy, no tug or pull. Glides on like butter. You can also use them as a high-intensity eyeshadow. They can blend out, but the formula sets quickly so you need to work fast; once they're set they won't budge!

Coverage:
Highly pigmented pencils that give you the color you want in just one swipe.

Wear:
Because they're waterproof you know they'll last all day! No budging, smearing, or creasing.

Shade Range:
25 awesome shades, from everyday basics (like Mat Black and Pearly Brown), to bright pops of color (like Turquoise and Pistachio). There is a shade for everyone!

Container Type:
This is a regular width pencil so you don't need a special sharpener; any sharpener will work. Cap fits nicely, which is a thing some people don't realize makes a difference. I have some liner caps that fall off so easily and then the pencil tip breaks or gets all over everything in my bag because the cap fell off. I don't have that problem with these liners.

Cost:
For $18 it is a bit pricey for a liner, but then again all Make Up For Ever products on are the higher end of prices. To me, it's totally worth it. I know I can reach for this and know I'll have great color and long-wear. If you can only afford one then you'll want to go with 0L Mat Black; it's your must-have black liner.


1 comment:

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)