February 26, 2012

Serge Normant Meta Silk Shampoo & Meta Velour Conditioner - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I love using sulfate-free shampoo's, because I have color treated hair, but a lot of them don't do much for my hair. I recently started using the Serge Normant Meta Silk Shampoo, which is sulfate-free, and I really like it! I also use the Serge Normant Meta Velour Conditioner. Both products made my hair soft, shiny, and manageable. Loved the smell too!

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Serge Normant Meta Silk Shampoo & Meta Velour Conditioner
 




Serge Normant Meta Silk Shampoo
 







Serge Normant Meta Velour Conditioner
 










Serge Normant Meta Silk Shampoo & Conditioner... the Results:
You really can't see it in the photos, but my hair is very shiny.
Also, don't mind how blue the blue in my hair is. This is about the time I re-dye it so it's navy electric blue again. Although you can see (in the third pic below) that it fades a lot more towards the front of my hair, whereas the blue more towards the back is almost perfect.




Basic Stats for Serge Normant Meta Silk Shampoo & Meta Velour Conditioner:
Formula: creamy shampoo; creamy conditioner
Cost/Availability: $24 each (8 fl oz each full size). Available on the Serge Normant website, Barneys New York website, Space NK website, the Beauty Bar website, and everywhere else Serge Normant is sold. A travel sized shampoo and a travel sized conditioner, each $9, is available on the Serge Normant website.
Packaging: squeeze tube, pop-open cap
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
META SILK SHAMPOO: Sulfate free formula, which has a nice lather for a sulfate free shampoo. Great for color treated hair (like mine), and even chemically treated hair - including straightening processes. Does a great job at getting my hair clean. Protects and perfects without stripping. Enriched with Natural Rice and Camellia Oil that nourish hair to silky smoothness while adding volume, bounce and vibrancy. Keravis, which is a vegetable protein, increases hair strength, while cedar bark extract clarifies hair and scalp.

META VELOUR CONDITIONER: A creamy conditioner that hydrates, detangles and thickens hair without adding weight. Natural botanical oils, rice and essential fatty acids nourish hair to silky smoothness while adding volume, bounce and vibrancy. Keravis strengthens and protects the hair cuticle, while cedar bark extract clarifies to leave hair balanced and restored.

Cost/Availability:
$24 each (8 fl oz each full size). Available on the Serge Normant websiteBarneys New York websiteSpace NK website, the Beauty Bar website, and everywhere else Serge Normant is sold. A travel sized shampoo and a travel sized conditioner, each $9, is available on the Serge Normant website.

Packaging:
Squeeze tube with pop-open cap. The shampoo tube is black and the conditioner tube is a burgundy; both with gold logo and lettering.

Serge Normant Meta Silk Shampoo & Meta Velour Conditioner Review:
This brand is one I've been wanting to try for awhile. I use a lot of different shampoos and conditioner, including WEN, but have been using the Serge Normant Meta Silk Shampoo and Meta Velour Conditioner a whole lot more than anything else.

I really like the way these smell. I don't really know what the scent is, and I may not be describing this currently, but to me it smelled like fresh warm cashmere blankets (not that I own cashmere blankets, lol, but if I did this is what they'd smell like). Like I said, I'm probably not describe the scent correctly - but all I know is I like it!

The shampoo had a nice lather, especially for a sulfate free formula. I do like to use it once, rinse, and repeat. When I do that I feel like my hair gets really, really clean and I get better results when I move onto the conditioner step.

The conditioner is nice and creamy thick - like frosting. I leave it on my hair while I wash my body, exfoliate, shave, etc. I always wash my conditioner off last - sometimes that means it stays on for 2 minutes other times it stays on for 10 minutes or more.

After using both the shampoo and the conditioner my hair was soft, shiny, and bouncy! I can't really say my have had more volume, but not many products can give my hair volume. My hair was much more bouncy, so that was something nice. I can even get second day hair when I use this shampoo and conditioner, which is something I can't always get because my scalp gets oily.

Overall, yes, I would recommend both the shampoo and the conditioner!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this shampoo and conditioner? Have you tried either of these or would you like to? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)