April 5, 2012

Beauty Bar Sample Society Box - April 2012

Hello, Beautiful!

This is my April 2012 Beauty Bar Sample Society shipment. I'm once again upset there was no real makeup in the box - although I guess technically the Murad primer is a makeup product. I just want more makeup... lipstick, lip gloss, eyeliner, etc. Is that too much to ask for?

For more information on Beauty Bar's Sample Society, or to sign-up and start receiving your own box every month, CLICK HERE. $15 each month.

Check out everything in my box... click on pics to view them larger.

April 2012 Beauty Bar Sample Society







The Included Info Packet:
 
 
 




Shipment Quick Stats:
  • Value of this month's Birchbox shipment: $50.69 (value is approximate)
  • Total # of Items Received: 5
  • # of makeup items: 1
  • # of nail items: 0
  • # of skincare items: 3
  • # of body care items: 0
  • # of hair care items: 1
  • # of fragrance items: 0
  • # of other items: 0

Now I'll break it down, product-by-product...

By Terry Echantillon Creme de Rose
  • MY THOUGHTS: I really didn't like the smell of this; far too strong of a rose scent and I'm just not a fan of it. If you like floral or rose scented things then you won't mind this scent. But for now, this goes to a friend/family member.
  • FULL SIZE: 1.01 oz @ $99.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.14 oz
  • VALUE: $13.73

 





Murad Hybrids Acne Primer
  • MY THOUGHTS: Seeing as how I have acne-prone skin, this should be a nice primer to try. I'll likely only use this during the one week of the month where my acne is super bad. Looking forward to seeing how it works.
  • FULL SIZE: 1 oz @ $35.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.17 oz
  • VALUE: $5.95


 






Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel
  • MY THOUGHTS: I really like the Boscia brand, especially their Detoxifying Black Cleanser, so I'm always happy to receive another product to try out. I'll give this a try in the future.
  • FULL SIZE: 5 fl oz @ $26.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 1.69 fl oz
  • VALUE: $8.78
 






Oscar Blandi Jasmine Oil Hair Serum
  • MY THOUGHTS: I received this sample in my very first Birchbox shipment; I still haven't used that sample a whole lot so I'm not sure when or how much I'll use this one. It's not that it's a bad product, I just haven't gotten around to using it. I do know the price has gone up; it used to be $24 but now is $35 for the full sized.
  • FULL SIZE: 1.6 oz/50 ml @ $35.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: .169 oz
  • VALUE: $3.70

 






DDF Amplifying Elixir
  • MY THOUGHTS: I have several of these sample tubes, which I received all for free from Sephora when they were running deluxe skincare sample bags (I believe that's where I got them). I think I have 3 or 4 tubes, so now another. I do like this product, so I can't complain!
  • FULL SIZE: 1.7 fl oz @ $63.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.5 fl oz
  • VALUE: $18.53

 





Let me know what you think...
Did you receive a Sample Society box this month? If so, what are your thoughts on your box? If not, will you sign up? Discuss in the comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)