July 20, 2012

Youngblood Minty Shiny Lip Gel in shades Unveiled, Confessed -- swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics came out with a new Minty Shiny Lip Gel. I have two shades to share with you in this post: Unveiled and Confessed. These lip gels go on sheer, are moisturizing, non-sticky, and add high shine to your lips. Let me know which shade you prefer!

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Youngblood - Minty Shiny Lip Gel
Shades: Unveiled, Confessed
Continue scrolling down for more pics of each individual shade.
 






Youngblood - Minty Shiny Lip Gel
Shade: Unveiled
Shade Description: A sheer watermelon pink with shimmer.
 













Youngblood - Minty Shiny Lip Gel
Shade: Confessed
Shade Description: A sheer hot pink.
 











Basic Stats for Youngblood Minty Shiny Lip Gel:
Formula: liquid gloss/gel
Wear: average
Coverage: sheer
Shade Info: currently available in 7 shades
Cost/Availability: $25.50 (0.25 oz full size). Available on the Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics website.
Packaging: squeeze tube with pull-off cap, slant-tip applicator
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
A liquid gloss/gel formula that contains antioxidants and naturally nourishing oils to quench lips, banishing dryness, and protecting against the elements. Has a light vanilla scent. Very shiny! Non-sticky.

Wear:
Average gloss wear; re-apply as needed/as wanted.

Coverage:
Sheer color, which you can apply lighter for a barely-there kiss of color, or a thicker layer for more pop of color. Layer of lipstick or wear on its own.

Shade Info:
Currently available in 7 shades. I'd be interested in the shade Bared.

Cost/Availability:
$25.50 (0.25 oz full size). Available on the Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics website.

Packaging:
Squeeze tube with pull-off cap and slant-tip applicator.

Youngblood Minty Shiny Lip Gel Review:
I was really excited to test drive the new Minty Shiny Lip Gel from Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics. The two shades I have are Unveiled and Confessed. They look similar in color, except Unveiled has shimmer in it and Confessed is slightly more red in tone. They both look brighter/more intense in color in the tube than they actually look on your lips. As you can see in the swatch photos, they appear lighter in color over the white background than on my hand. The more pigmented your lips are, the brighter/more intense the color will appear.

I like the fact that these glosses are sheer because they provide the perfect pop of color to go with almost any look. Out of the two shades I have, I've used Unveiled more but I like they both shades equally. The shade Bared looks like a gorgeous nude, and is the next shade I'd want to try.

The thing I love about these the most is how shiny they are. My lips are super glossy every time I wear these, unless I apply a thin layer (like shown on my lips in the photo of me wearing the shade Unveiled, where I applied a thinner layer). They're non-sticky and will last an average amount of time for a gloss.

Probably the only negative I could say is the price; at $25.50 per tube I feel like you don't get a lot of product. I'm already 3/4 the way done with the shade Unveiled and I rarely go through lip gloss like that. Catch them on a sale or with a coupon if the price bothers you. Other than that, these glosses - or should I say Lip Gels - are fantastic! They're shiny, moisturizing, non-sticky and pretty on the lips. I'd recommend!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this lip product? What shade do you like best? Are you interested in trying this? Discuss in the comments below.

3 comments:

  1. Great to see your reviews again!
    This lip product seems good and I like the shades you swatched here. I haven´t used these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back :) and as usual great review

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome to have you back with another amazing review <3

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)