March 27, 2013

Silk Naturals Eyeshadow - 6 shades - pics, swatches, review


Hello, Beautiful!

I love mineral eyeshadow because it's well pigmented and easy to work with. I always like to try new brands out, and in this post I'll share with you a new-to-me brand, Silk Naturals. Their mineral eyeshadow is super affordable at just $4 each, and available in over 300 shades. I have six shades to share with you in this post: Crush, Kingfisher, Black Ice, Idolize, Kickstart, and Quantum. Out of those six shades, my top three favorites are Kingfisher, Black Ice, and Crush. Let me know what your favorite shade is!

Check out my pics, swatches, info, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Silk Naturals - Eyeshadow
Shades: Crush, Kingfisher, Black Ice, Idolize, Kickstart, Quantum.
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.













Silk Naturals - Eyeshadow
Shades: Crush
 







Silk Naturals - Eyeshadow
Shades: Kingfisher
 








Silk Naturals - Eyeshadow
Shades: Black Ice
 








Silk Naturals - Eyeshadow
Shades: Idolize
 








Silk Naturals - Eyeshadow
Shades: Kickstart
 









Silk Naturals - Eyeshadow
Shades: Quantum
 





Silk Naturals Eyeshadow Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $4.00 (full size jar). Available on the Silk Naturals website. Visit www.silknaturals.com 
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

Carefully crafted and exquisitely beautiful, loose mineral eye shadows. All the Silk Naturals eyeshadows are gluten free and contain approximately 3/4 teaspoon packaged in a 5 gram jar. They mark vegan colors on their website with an asterisk (*). Available in over 300 shades!

These mineral shadows are affordable and really nice quality. They have good pigmentation on their own, but really stand out with applied over primer or applied wet.

I really like all six shades I have, but my top three favorites (in no particular order) are Kingfisher, Black Ice, and Crush. Although now that I mention my favorites I feel bad for the other three shades because I like them almost equally as much! With over 300 shades to choose from, I have so many more shades on my wish list - like Sinner, Taffeta, Flash, Flourish, Carbon, Catalyst, Chocolate Twinkle, Mazel Tov, and so, so, so many more! If I weren't on a beauty budget right now I'd be placing a large order, but I'm trying not to spend any money on beauty products until the end of April - eek! I don't think I can do that. As soon as my buying hold is up, or until I can't wait anymore, I'm going to place an order for at least 10 more shades.

One thing I do want to mention about Silk Naturals is they offer a points & rewards program. For each dollar you spend you get one point. When you reach 100 points you get a $5 gift certificate to use towards products. It's a nice little perk if you plan to buy a lot or make frequent purchases. For full info on their points & rewards program click here.

Another cool thing about their website is for example, for their eyeshadows they take the time to list a lot about the color. They will list the Color Family, Finish, Depth (1-6), Shimmer Scale (0-6), Opacity (0-5), Vegan or Not, Tone, Original Collection the shade belonged to, and if it's Gluten Free. Now they do this for every single color, but for most they do.

So for example...

Crush is in the Pink color family, with a Shimmer finish, it has a depth of 1, a shimmer scale of 5, an opacity score of 2, is Vegan, originally from the Valentine 2009 collection, and is gluten free.

Kingfisher is in the Blues color family, with a Eyelight finish, it has a depth of 5, a shimmer scale of 5, an opacity score of 4, is Vegan, originally from the Fall 2011 collection, and is gluten free. (This shade also listed the tone as Green).

Black Ice is in the Blues color family, with a Glimmer finish, it has a depth of 5, a shimmer scale of 4, an opacity score of 3, is Vegan, originally from the Holiday 2011 collection, and it gluten free.

Idolize is in the Silvers & Greys color family, with a Demi Matte finish, it has a depth of 3, a shimmer scale of 4, an opacity score of 4, is not Vegan, and is gluten free. (This shade did not list what collection is originally was from).

Kickstart is in the Neutrals color family, has a Shimmer finish, it has a depth of 3, a shimmer scale of 4, an opacity score of 3, is Vegan, originally from the Fall 2011 collection, and is gluten free. (This shade also listed the tone as Neutral).

The above info wasn't listed for the shade Quantum.

Overall, I really liked these mineral shadows and would recommend giving this brand a try!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these eyeshadows? Which shade is your favorite? Have you tried Silk Naturals or are they now on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I love how pigmented they are-Crush is probably my favorite xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kingfisher and Black Ice are my favs!
    Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kingfisher and Quantum!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)