April 21, 2013

Chanel Mat Lumiere Long-Lasting Soft Matte Foundation - before & after pic, swatches, review


Hello, Beautiful!

I have yet to try a Chanel foundation, so a couple months ago on my way through Macy's I stopped at the Chanel makeup area and asked for a sample of the Mat Lumiere foundation. The sample wasn't labeled, and I've since forgotten what shade it was, but I'm almost positive she said 30 or 40.

Check out my pics, swatches, info, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Chanel Mat Lumiere
Long-Lasting Soft Matte Foundation
Shade: ? Not 100% sure of shade, but I believe it's 30 or 40
 



Chanel Mat Lumiere Long-Lasting Soft Matte Foundation Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $54.00 (for the full size bottle). Available on the Chanel website and everywhere else Chanel makeup is sold, like Macy's and Nordstrom.
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Kisses

Perfect for combination skin with a tendency to shine, this oil-free formula delivers a soft, natural matte finish with maximum staying power. Medium coverage looks impeccable and shine-free for up to 12 hours.

I was excited to try this out, mainly because I've wanted to try a Chanel foundation out for awhile and I've heard so many people love the Chanel Vitalumiere foundation. I figured the matte version would be a good choice for me.

The shade was a pretty good match. I know in the before & after pics it looks like it's too warm for my skintone but the lighting was slightly off. In person the shade match was near perfection.

The texture and application was nice. I did find it dried down really quickly, which is a good thing to me. It didn't offer enough coverage to warrant the price tag. I like full coverage, or at least medium buildable coverage. I do find you can build the layers but I don't think it ever really builds up to the full coverage I can get with other foundations. It also wasn't super long lasting, like I was hoping.

I'll have to give it another try before I give my final verdict as far as if I'd actually purchase it or not, but right now I'm saying I'd pass on this just because for the price it wasn't any more special than other foundations I've tried for way less cost.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this foundation? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. interesting, i will definitely check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiene pinta de dejar la piel muy suave! besos

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)