April 3, 2013

Milani Color Statement Lipstick for Naturals & Browns - swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

As I stated in my last Milani Color Statement Lipsticks post, I'm showing you all 30 shades they offer separated by color group. This is the last group of shades. I will be making a post to show you all 30 shades together - basically a big comparison post - as well as a post on the Color Statement Lipliners (which are creamy and pigmented).

In this post I'll show you their Naturals & Browns - which include 9 shades. Let me know which shade you like best!

For reference, here are the three other posts:
Check out my pics, swatches, info, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Milani - Color Statement Lipstick
Naturals & Browns
Shades: 25 Naturally Chic, 26 Nude Creme, 27 Dulce Caramelo, 29 Teddy Bare, 30 Candied Toffees, 31 Bronze Beauty, 36 D'Oro, 37 Chocolate Berries, 38 Double Espresso











Milani - Color Statement Lipstick
Shade: 25 Naturally Chic (cream)
 






Milani - Color Statement Lipstick
Shade: 26 Nude Creme (cream)
 






Milani - Color Statement Lipstick
Shade: 27 Dulce Caramelo (pearl)






Milani - Color Statement Lipstick
Shade: 29 Teddy Bare (cream)
 






Milani - Color Statement Lipstick
Shade: 30 Candied Toffees (metallic)
 






Milani - Color Statement Lipstick
Shade: 31 Bronze Beauty (shimmer)
 






Milani - Color Statement Lipstick
Shade: 36 D'Oro (metallic)
 






Milani - Color Statement Lipstick
Shade: 37 Chocolate Berries (cream)
 






Milani - Color Statement Lipstick
Shade: 38 Double Espresso (pearl)
 




Milani Color Statement Lipstick Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $5.49 (0.14 oz full size). Available on the Milani Cosmetics website, as well as drugstores nationwide, like CVS and Walgreens. You can also find Milani at Target, Drugstore.com, and Kmart (to name a few)
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

Make a statement without saying a word! True instant color. One stroke, full coverage application. This next generation lipstick gives the ultimate in color, texture and finish. The lightweight creamy formula contains vitamins A, C and E to moisturize and nourish lips. Paraben-free.

Available in vinyl, metallic, cream, shimmer, pearl and matte finish.

I was really impressed with these lipsticks! First off, they are super affordable at just $5.49 each full retail price - and let's not even start to think how affordable they'd become with coupons and/or sales! The pigmentation in these lipsticks in unreal for a drugstore brand; they are super pigmented and go on really fantastic. If you're looking for a sheer lipstick these are NOT for you, but if you want a full color, richly pigmented lipstick then look no further.

Because they are so richly pigmented I do like to apply these with a lip brush - especially the darker shades - but of course that's not necessary to use these. It's just my personal preference when it comes to any richly pigmented lipstick. They do go on creamy and easy, and last a fair length of time.

The 6 different finishes - vinyl, metallic, cream, shimmer, pearl, matte - give you a range of looks that you can play around with. Wear alone or top with gloss; have fun with these! I do find they all have a shine/gloss to them, especially in photos -- even the matte finish (although looks more matte in person).

Honestly, I find these to be as good or better than higher end brands. I also really like the packaging because the bottoms are color coordinated with the lipstick inside, making them super easy to find what color you're looking for and they look beautiful stored in my lipstick organizer.

I absolutely would recommend these lipsticks! With 30 shades you're sure to find at least one or two that fit your style and personality.

Since I'm reviewing all 30 shades in 4 separate posts, the review above will be posted in each one but now I'll talk specifically about the shades in this post...

The Naturals & Browns offer 9 shades. Out of the 6 finishes these lipsticks offer, they have 4 of them; all but the vinyl and matte: 4 cream, 2 pearl, 2 metallic, and 1 shimmer.

Out of the 9 shades, there were some I definitely liked - but also some I didn't really care for personally, on my lips/skintone. I really liked Naturally Chic, Nude Creme, and Dulce Caramelo - but didn't care for Bronze Beauty, D'Oro, Chocolate Berries or Double Espresso.

I do think Bronze Beauty and D'Oro would look amazing with a bronze beauty look - they are both metallic and can really bring together a cool, metallic look great for a party/club night or something just for fun. The shade Double Espresso in particular seemed to go on really spotty on my lips - but it's workable.

I think this collection of colors really have a nice assortment for all skintones - from fair to deep - I think there is something for everyone in this bunch!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these lipsticks? Which shade from this group of colors if your favorite? Have you tried these or are they on your wishlist? Discuss in the comments below.

5 comments:

  1. Naturally Chic and Dulce Caramelo are so pretty. That last one sure is a statement piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm! I'm about to top up on a few products at Cherry Culture &, as I live in Australia, I only have online swatches to go by.

    Cheers for the upload & review! I'm usually a matte only person, but Teddy Bare & Chocolate Berries are a couple of treats I'm going to add to my usual suspects.

    Cross your fingers they look as good on me as they do on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely swatches: following your blog
    http://www.sparklingsmakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the teddy bear 29 .. and the shade 36 D' Oro... wish I could afford them all is there any way you can send me samples Please and Thanks anyway if you can or can't <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Judy Thompson: Can't send any samples - sorry! I don't want to de-pot these lipsticks or slice & dice them up -- I hope you understand!. They are pretty true to color, so if you can see them in person, in store, you'll get a pretty decent idea of how they will look, as well as comparing with my swatch photos ;)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)