July 18, 2013

Butter London Nail Polish in Cake-Hole, Pimms (from the Colour Clash collection) & 3 Lippy Shimmer Lip Glosses in Tickety Boo, Wag, Punch Up - swatches, pics, reviews

Hello, Beautiful!

I have two new shades of Butter London nail polish from the Colour Clash Collection to share with you: Cake-Hole and Pimms. I also have three new Lippy Shimmer Lip Glosses from Butter London. Love the polishes, not really a fan of the new shimmer Lippys. Check out my full reviews, as well as all the product info, after each set of pics.




Butter London Nail Polish
Shades: Cake-Hole, Pimms
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.
 



Butter London Nail Polish
Shades: Cake-Hole








Butter London Nail Polish
Shades: Pimms






Butter London Nail Polish Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $15.00 each (.40 fl oz full size). Available on the Butter London website, at Sephora, at Ulta, and everywhere else Butter London is sold. Click here to find a retailer near you.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses

The new Butter London Colour Clash Collection has six fun, bright and summery shades. I have two of them: Cake-Hole and Pimms. But honestly, I love the entire collection!

As with most Butter London polishes, I love the formula and quality.

Here are the shade descriptions of the two I have...
  • Cake-Hole: an opaque, nearly neon pink. A pink creme so bright, it can't be wrong! USA Only color! Cake-Hole is a slang word for mouth.
  • Pimms: an opaque, sunflower yellow creme. Pimms is a gin-based tradition as its finest.. this refreshing beverage is almost as popular as English tea.
I think I love Cake-Hole a lot... like kind of obsessed with it. Pimms is a beautiful yellow too. I love that they are both opaque and both are bright and summery shades. Love wearing Cake-Hole on my toes! Would recommend checking out the collection!




Butter London Lippy Lip Gloss
Shades: Tickey Boo, Wag, Punch Up
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.







Butter London Lippy Lip Gloss
Shades: Tickey Boo









Butter London Lippy Lip Gloss
Shades: Wag









Butter London Lippy Lip Gloss
Shades: Punch Up







Butter London Lippy Lip Gloss Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $20.00 each (0.25 oz full size). Available on the Butter London website, at Ulta, and everywhere else Butter London is sold. Click here to find a retailer near you.
My Rating: 2.5 out of 5 Kisses

These are the new shimmer version of the Butter London Lippy Lip Glosses. Available in 6 shades. I have three, which I'll describe below...

Description of the shades:
  • Tickety Boo: a sheer, blush shimmer lip gloss. Tickety Boo is a saying for when something is going well.
  • Wag: a sheer, peachy pink shimmer lip gloss with gold flecks. Wag is a term used primarily by the British tabloid press to describe the wives and girlfriends of high-profile footballers.
  • Punch Up: a sheer, strawberry shimmer lip gloss with gold flecks. Punch Up is a quarrel or violent argument.
Honestly, I wasn't a huge fan of these. They are too sheer for my liking at the moment; I seem to be liking more pigmented, bright shades. Also, they were slightly tacky in finish - which I don't mind if the color is pretty but these hardly produce any color and all three shades I have look nearly identical on the lips. Also, I want to mention that my lips were stained from a bright pink lipstick I was wearing that day, so any pink color my lips do have is from that, not from the glosses themselves -- which basically all look the same on my lips. I'm also not a huge brush-applicator fan (I prefer a doe-foot applicator), but this brush actually applied the product really nicely.

On the plus side, they are very shiny and glossy! But not sure I could recommend these; for $20 I know of other glosses that are shimmery and have a pretty color payoff without the tacky/sticky finish. I haven't tried the regular Butter London Lippys yet, so I may have better luck with those, but these new Lippy Shimmer Lip Glosses are not a hit in my book. If you like sheer glosses, with shimmer and lots of shine, then you may love these. 

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these nail polish shades? What about the Lippy Shimmer Lip Glosses? Do you have a favorite shade? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)