August 15, 2013

Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick in 240 Golden Beige - before & after, pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I recently picked up the Maybelline Fit Me! Shine Free Foundation stick because it had gotten some good reviews and I love trying new foundations. I have to say, I'm really not a huge fan of this. It was just okay, and not one I would likely re-purchase. Read my full review below, including all the product info, after the pics!

Maybelline - Fit Me!
Shine Free Foundation Stick
Shade: 240 Golden Beige








Maybelline Fit Me! Shine Free Foundation Stick Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $7.00 to $9.00 depending where you shop (0.32 oz full size). Available at Target, Walmart, Ulta and drugstores nationwide.
My Rating: 3 out of 5 Kisses

Maybelline's Fit Me! Shine-Free Foundation Stick is one-step perfection. The first of its kind - lightweight gel stick foundation with an anti-shine powder core.

The powder core instantly dissolves excess oil for flawless, shine-free and tailor-made natural matte coverage. Easy to apply and great for on-the go. Available in 12 oil-free shades.

Let's start the review with shade selection. I really wasn't sure which shade to go with; they honestly are hard to kind of determine based on the packing. I ended up going with 240 Golden Beige, which is a bit too dark for me, but it's not super dark. I still think a shade or two lighter (still with a yellow undertone) would work better for me.

But shade selection aside, the coverage level isn't as much as I normally like and want. It's got sheer to medium coverage. You can build it up, but not very much. I would still need to use a concealer with this on my trouble areas, which is fine but I typically prefer a full coverage foundation. Still, I thought that maybe this would work for the summer - something lighter - but I really just didn't like it.

According to Maybelline's website, for best results you should apply this to your face and then blend with your fingertips. I've tried that method, as well as using a brush and using a sponge. I just couldn't get the coverage I wanted/needed.

I will say that for being a product with "shine-free" right in the title, it really wasn't all that shine-free for me. It never looked matte on my face and I don't think it really controlled any shine any more than a regular foundation. I do have combo/oily skin, but it's not overly oily so I was surprised this didn't really do a whole lot. The texture is okay.... I did find it blended in easily and fingertip application did blend the best.

Overall, I wasn't really impressed with this foundation as much as I guess I had hoped I would like it. I lost my receipt so I can't return it, so I'll likely add this to my blog sale the next time I add products.

I think I would recommend this to someone who doesn't need or want a ton of coverage and still wants their skin to look natural.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this foundation? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

3 comments:

  1. I love this light foundation. I'm using it everyday for work right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this and like it pretty well. The first time I used it I didn't use a primer and it looked really bad by the end of the day! I tried it with Pop Beauty Face Magnet primer next and was surprised at the difference. My face doesn't need to be blotted like it used to and my makeup stays put.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried it yet. I'm still on the fence about this, but like you I prefer more coverage.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)