August 13, 2013

Philip B. Peppermint & Avocado Volumizing & Clarifying Shampoo and Light-Weight Deep Conditioning Creme Rinse - pics, swatches, reviews

Hello, Beautiful!

I have two products from Philip B. that I have been loving: the Philip B. Peppermint & Avocado Volumizing & Clarifying Shampoo and the Philip B. Light-Weight Deep Conditioning Creme Rinse. Both products work beautifully in my hair and I love the way they smell too! Check out on my full review on each product, including all the product info, after the pics!



Philip B.
Peppermint & Avocado Volumizing & Clarifying Shampoo
  





Philip B.
Light-Weight Deep Conditioning Creme Rinse
 







Philip B. Peppermint & Avocado Volumizing & Clarifying Shampoo Info:
Cost/Availability: $28.00 (7.4 fl oz full size). Other sizes available on the Philip B. website (2 oz for $8.00 - 11.8 oz for $40.00 - 32 oz for $90.00). Available on the Philip B. website, at Nordstrom, at HSN, and everywhere else Philip B. products are sold. Click here to find a retailer near you.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

This is one of Philip B.'s most acclaimed products! This shampoo gives your hair a deep cleansing to leave it bouncy and gleaming. Bonus: it contains a generous dose of pure, crisp peppermint oil to invigorate your scalp and leave you energized.

Lifts away product residue to restore your hair's natural shine and vitality. Safe for color-treated hair. Formulated with 16 pure plant extracts, 11 essential and carrier oils, and a potent, active dose of 2.3% pure peppermint oil. Works as a local anesthetic to sooth tension, stimulate circulation, and leave even troubled scalps feelings tingly fresh and clean. Works into a dense lather and creates a bit of a cooling sensation. You'll feel a difference in your hair and scalp from the very first use! Paraben and phthalate free.


Philip B. Light-Weight Deep Conditioning Creme Rinse (classic formula) Info:
Cost/Availability: $26.00 (6 oz full size). Other sizes available on the Philip B. website (2 oz for $10.00 - 32 oz for $90.00). Available on the Philip B. website, at Nordstrom, at HSN, and everywhere else Philip B. products are sold. Click here to find a retailer near you.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

This is a perfect moisturizer and detangler for all hair types. African Shea Butter, wheat germ and soy proteins seal split ends and boost shine and fullness. A fragrant botanical blend of pure plant extracts and essential oils of California lemon, orange, lavender and gardenia increase hair's elasticity and strength. Imparts each strand with light-weight moisture and impeccable detangling action.

Use this for light conditioning by applying after shampoo and leaving in for 1 to 3 minutes. For more intense conditioning you can leave in your hair up to 20 minutes - wrap it in a warm towel for even deeper conditioning! I personally just work it through my hair and leave it in for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until I'm done everything I need to do in the shower.


Philip B. Peppermint & Avocado Volumizing & Clarifying Shampoo & Creme Rinse Review:
I don't know about you, but I think it's important to use a clarifying shampoo every now and then to get all the build-up out of your hair. I like to use them about once a week, but honestly I sometimes slack and don't use them as often - or I'll do the opposite end of that and use a clarifying shampoo a couple times a week. Basically, what I'm trying to get at, is if you don't already you should use a clarifying shampoo. On days you use a lot of hair products - like dry shampoo, for examples - or if you use temporary hair chalk or other temp color (that washes out after one use), using a clarifying shampoo can be good for your hair.

The Philip B. Peppermint & Avocado Volumizing & Clarifying Shampoo works great at making my hair clean while also adding some volume. When you use this shampoo you should keep in mind there is very little lather - it's almost not even there - but that doesn't mean it's not working. I do find that it takes a bit more work to get this shampoo throughout all my hair, but once you do get it worked in you'll leave it there for 1 to 3 minutes before rinsing it out (I leave it on for about 1 song - as I tend to listen to music in the shower - and I normally take that time to do a body scrub). It does work up into a little lather. It has a great peppermint scent - which feels great on your scalp. Feels cooling and smells energizing too. You can rinse and repeat if necessary - such as if you really put a lot of crap into your hair that day.

Then I apply the Philip B. Light-Weight Deep Conditioning Creme Rinse. This conditioner works through hair nicely and leaves my hair soft and smooth. It's light-weight, so it doesn't weigh down my long, fine, thin hair. Yet it still conditions perfectly. It has a light, barely there scent. I have the "Classic Formula" but apparently there is a "Paraben Free Formula" too; no idea if it performs the same or not.

Using these both together gives me really nice, clean, healthy hair. I can even get second day hair when I use these two together. I don't always use these together but when I do my hair loves the results - and so do I. I'd recommend both products; they are winners in my book!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this shampoo and conditioner? Have you tried either of them or did you add either one to your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)