August 28, 2013

Zoya Fall 2013 PixiDust Collection - 6 shades - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

Zoya's Fall 2013 PixiDust Collection is a really pretty collection of 6 sparkling, textured polishes. I like all six shades in this collection, with my favorite being Tomoko! Check out my full review, including all the product info, after the pics!

Zoya Fall 2013 PixiDust Collection
Shades: Tomoko, Chita, Sunshine, Carter, Arabella, Dhara
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.






Zoya Fall 2013 PixiDust Collection
Shade: ZP698 Tomoko
 






Zoya Fall 2013 PixiDust Collection
Shade: ZP699 Chita
 






Zoya Fall 2013 PixiDust Collection
Shade: ZP700 Sunshine
 






Zoya Fall 2013 PixiDust Collection
Shade: ZP701 Carter
 






Zoya Fall 2013 PixiDust Collection
Shade: ZP702 Arabella
 






Zoya Fall 2013 PixiDust Collection
Shade: ZP703 Dhara
 




Zoya Fall 2013 PixiDust Collection Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $9.00 each or purchase the entire collection as a set for $54 (0.5 oz full size). Available on the Zoya website, at Ulta, and everywhere else Zoya polishes are sold.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

The Zoya 2013 PixiDust Collection includes six shades. Zoya polishes are the Big 5 Free Healthy Formula polishes. Free of formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, camphor and dibutyl phthalates. Zoya is also a vegan friendly nail color.

Shades in the 2013 PixiDust Collection:
  • Tomoko: a romantic champagne silver with a matte, textured, sparkling metal finish.
  • Chita: a forest green in a matte, textured, sparkling finish
  • Sunshine: a "Van Gogh" navy blue in a matte, textured, sparkling finish
  • Carter: a royal purple in a matte, textured, sparkling metal finish
  • Arabella: a rich fuchsia pink in a matte, textured, sparkling finish
  • Dhara: a firey orange copper with a matte, textured, sparkling metal finish

For the PixiDust polishes, Zoya recommends that you do NOT use a base coat or a top coat. The PixiDust polishes dry down to a slightly textured matte finish, but of course if you wanted them to be smoother and shiny you could add a top coat. You kind of get two finishes in one with these polishes; applying them and allowing them to dry as is, or adding a top coat to get a more smooth, shiny look.

For the photos, I used two coats of polish for each pic where the polish is on the nails but I will say that some of them seemed to be pretty opaque in just one coat! Shades Chita, Sunshine, and Arabella were most opaque in one coat. The rest are opaque in 2 coats.

I think this color collection is really pretty for fall. My top three shades from this collection are Tomoko, Dhara, and Chita - but they are all pretty! I will say that I thought they should have switched shade names in this collection; the shade Dhara should be Sunshine as it's a bright sunny orange, where as the shade Sunshine is more like a denim blue and not Sunshine, but whatevs, lol.

I wanted to show these polishes on my nails, but my nails have been so badly neglected lately with how busy my life has been. I do plan to do some NOTD's with these polishes coming up, so be sure to follow my Facebook and Instagram to see pics in case I don't post on here (I often post Looks of the Day on my Facebook and Instagram or just random photos of me wearing certain polishes or makeup looks).

Anyways, I really like Zoya polishes and I think their PixiDust polishes are really pretty and I like the textured finish. The Fall 2013 collection is pretty and I'd recommend you check it out! Let me know which shade is your favorite below!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this polish collection? Which shade is your favorite? Do you plan to pick any of these up? Discuss in the comments below.

2 comments:

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)