September 8, 2013

Joey New York Bye Bye Blackheads Gentle Peel Cleanser and Shredded Coconut Scrub - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

The Joey New York Bye Bye Blackheads Gentle Peel Cleanser and Shredded Coconut Scrub is a great product to add in to your skin care routine if you're looking to help clear blackheads. This is gentle but gets the job done. Check out my full review below, including all the product info, after the pics!

Joey New York
Bye Bye Blackheads Gentle Peel Cleanser and Shredded Coconut Scrub

 

 

 




Joey New York Bye Bye Blackheads Gentle Peel Cleanser and Shredded Coconut Scrub Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $22.00 (7 fl oz full size). Available at Dermstore, at Beauty.com, and everywhere else Joey New York products are sold.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

This is a luxurious cleanser scrub made with real coconut shreds to deeply clean, hydrate and brighten skin complexion without stripping the skin of its natural oils. Relieves the look of dullness, stress and fatigue instantly.

Contains shreds of coconut for gentle exfoliation integrated with pure young coconut water for intense hydration. Face is left super smooth, soft, brighter, refreshed and glowing.

You can use this two ways:
  • Wet your face first, then massage it onto your face. This is great for daily use and is the most gentle way to use this.
  • OR
  • Apply to a dry face, massaging it in, then rinse it off. This is your deeper exfoliation option and because it's not really an everyday option, you could do the deeper exfoliation once or twice a week.

I like that you can choose if you want to use this as a daily cleanser/scrub, or if you want to use it as a weekly treatment scrub. I like to use this more as a weekly treatment scrub, but I have used it in the shower on wet skin. I just prefer it on dry skin to get a deeper exfoliation - plus, using it just once or twice a week will make it last longer too.

For a product with real coconut shreds in it, I was hoping for more of a coconut scent but instead I find it to have a light scent that barely smells like coconut. It has more of a spa-like scent; hard to describe but I don't mind the scent. I guess with me being such a coconut-scent lover I was just hoping for something more coconut-y.

The texture of this is nice. It has a gritty texture and the coconut shreds sort of melt on you and help to exfoliate. When I use this I do feel it gets my face smooth and does help with reduction of black heads. I will say that sometimes I feel like it leaves my skin too moisturized for a cleanser. I do have combo skin and right now it's pretty oily - so maybe that's why it feels that way, but I either follow up with another cleanser, a skincare facial towelette, or just use some toner.

I do like that it comes in a squeeze tube; I always feel like I can really control what comes out and I also feel like it's easy to get all the product out of the tube - as not only can you squeeze it but it's easy to cut tubes open and get every last drop out. But I won't have to worry about that for awhile, as I've been using this mostly as a weekly treatment - using it once a week, usually before I jump into the shower.

Would recommend to anyone looking to help rid their skin of blackheads!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this cleanser scrub? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)