October 3, 2013

Jane Cosmetics Water Resistant Liquid Eye Liner in Golden Black - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

If you follow me on Instagram then you've already seen some pics of the Jane Cosmetics liquid liner I picked up at my local Ulta recently. I was actually sick when I went there, but I just had to get it after seeing the Jane Cosmetics Instagram - this picture in particular; the color seemed so beautiful - and it is! Pretty as a liquid liner, but also gorgeous all over the lid - which is what I actually prefer to use it as (all the sparkle with no fall out, and it's buildable). Check out my full review, including all the product info, after the pics!

P.S. If you don't already, follow me on Instagram @valentinekissesbeauty

Jane Cosmetics
Water Resistant Liquid Eye Liner
Shade: Golden Black




 









Jane Cosmetics Water Resistant Liquid Eye Liner Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $8.00 (0.1 fl oz full size). Available on the Jane Cosmetics website and at Ulta.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

Jane's Water-Resistant Liquid Eye Liner contains high levels of pigment to create bold, intense color payoff in a single stroke.

Enhance the eye and create subtle or dramatic lines with these long-wearing, water-resistant liquid eye liners in a variety of shades and finishes. Choose from classic matte, shimmer, or pearl shades for see-through sparkle. The formula dries down quickly and the precision brush makes application a snap.

Available in 13 shades.

As I mentioned at the start of this post, I had to go out and get the Golden Black shade after seeing an Instagram pic on the Jane Cosmetics Instagram page. The color looked gorgeous and I have nothing like it in my collection. I was sick for nearly 2 weeks straight (and still am feeling pretty tired, if I must say so - I can't seem to kick this sickness to the curb), but on a feeling-slightly-better day I drug myself out to Ulta to find it. When I got to the Jane Cosmetics display I was sad at first because the Golden Black looked sold out, but then I saw it - lying down, stuck in the display... the last one! I had to pop it up and grab it with my other hand, but I got it, lol. Couldn't wait to swatch it and play around with it.

I honestly don't like liquid liners that have a brush applicator - it's just not my preferred method of application for liquid liners (I like felt tip/pen-like applicators for applying liquid liner). That would be my only complaint on this product, and that really comes down to a personal preference. However, if you're like me and don't like that kind of brush application, you can take an angled brush and apply it that way (just swipe the angled brush on the product and apply that way, or apply to back of your hand and dip the angled brush in and apply).

I do find that I really love this as an all-over lid shade! It does take a bit of patience to make it work, but if you do the results are stunning! You can apply it all over the lid and blend out with your fingers for a really light wash of sparkle - like I did in the one photo below, shown with a light wash of the liner all over the lid and also as a liner on my upper lash line. Or, you can really build it up and apply it all over the lid, only blending out the edges - like I did in the other photos, showing it all over my lid. You may need to apply in layers - but it dries really quickly so the process doesn't take too long. I will say that getting it to set in my crease area was the biggest pain - you have to keep your eyes looking down or just shut until it's dry - and even then it could crease there - but use a shadow primer and it will help a lot. Also, although I didn't do it in the photos below, apply a regular shade in the crease to help blend and make that area more sultry.

I love applying it all over the lid because it gives me plenty of sparkle without the fall out and it lasts all day! Gorgeous for going out at night!

Overall, I really liked this liner - particularly this shade. I plan to try other shades out in the future - like 14 kt Gold, Metallic Nude, Metallic Platinum, Titanium, Navy, Bright Purple, and of course black (wow, did I just mention almost all the shades, lol). Would recommend checking this liner out - especially this shade if you want an all-over sultry, sparkly lid shade!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this liquid liner? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)