November 27, 2013

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone & Shimmer Skin Perfector Pressed in Rose Gold - pics, swatches, review, comparison

Hello, Beautiful!

All the hype I've heard is completely true; the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors are AMAZING. I have one of the liquid versions to show you in this post - in the shade Moonstone - as well as one of their pressed versions, in the shade Rose Gold - a limited edition holiday shade. I also recently acquired a mini liquid version in Opal as a free sample from Sephora - and to no surprise, I loved that one as well. These highlighters are holy grail status and I wish the photos could show you how gorgeous these are, but I'll let you know right now that these photos don't do any justice to the beauty of these highlighters. I plan to do a video review with live swatches on my YouTube channel soon. For now, check out my full review on each version - liquid and pressed - as well as all the product info, after the pics!







Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (liquid)
Shade: Moonstone
 






 











Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (liquid) Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $41.00 (1.7 fl oz full size). Available on the Becca Cosmetics website, at Sephora, and everywhere else Becca Cosmetics are sold.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

A sheer, creme-liquid that perfects skin with ultra-fine light-reflecting pearls for a soft, natural glow. The ultra-fine light-reflecting pearls that melt into your skin for polished, natural-looking radiance. Water-light and sheer, it has a prismatic effect that allows it to adjust in any light so your refined glow is never lost.

Antioxidants A, B, D, & E guard against daily damage caused by free radicals. Contains soothing anti-inflammatory ingredients. Avocado oil is emollient and an antioxidant. Witch hazel tights skin and reduces inflammation and redness while aloe extract soothes the skin. Dermatologically tested. For use on face or body.

Aside from using this as a subtle highlighter on your cheekbones and brow bones, you can use this all-over face before you apply your foundation. You can apply before your primer, mix with your primer, or even mix with your foundation or tinted moisturizer for an all-over radiant glow. You an also mix a couple pumps into your lotion to give your body an all-over soft glow.

As I mentioned at the start of this post, I am crazy in love with this highlighter! It is simply put, the most gorgeous highlight I have EVER used on my face.

I have the full size in the shade Moonstone - which is what I show in this post - but I recently got a mini tube from a Sephora order in the shade Opal and wow is that also gorgeous! I'll be featuring both in an upcoming YouTube video!

I can't even say enough good things about this highlighter. I know it's $41, but after you use it you'll never waste money on another highlighter again. In fact, i've hardly touched any other highlighter in my collection since this came into my life and I find it hard to even want to use anything else. It looks natural and glowy without being glittery or over shimmery. It's just that PERFECT GLOW you want. Blends into skin beautifully too.

I do find that one pump is too much if you're only looking to highlight cheekbones and brow bones - like I usually do, so I try to do a half pump. I don't like to waste the product so I will use any left overs on my collar bone, inner corners of my eyes, even down the bridge of my nose. Before I started to do half-pumps and I still did a full pump, I would take the extra product and put it in a sample jar and re-use that extra the following day -- which is another option for you if you don't want to waste any product. The mini tube of the shade Opal I got with a Sephora order is a lot easier to control how much product comes out, so I almost wish the full size came in a tube rather than a pump - but I've figured out ways to make it work.

There are four shades in total:  Moonstone, Opal, Topaz and Pearl.

The descriptions of the shades are:

  • Moonstone: pale gold
  • Opal: golden opal pearl
  • Topaz: golden bronze pearl
  • Pearl: white pearl
I love Moonstone and Opal -- I think they are pretty comparable and similar on my skintone, but still different. I would say Moonstone and Opal are your go-to shades if you're unsure of what to get. If you're looking for a bronze glow then go with Topaz. I haven't swatched Pearl yet so I really can't comment on that shade.

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this highlighter. It is GORGEOUS. If you're not into liquid highlighters then check out Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed -- same great beautiful highlight shades but in a pressed version.




Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (pressed)
Shade: Rose Gold









Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (pressed) Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $ (1 fl oz full size). Available on the Becca Cosmetics website, at Sephora and everywhere else Becca Cosmetics are sold.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

A sequel to the cult favorite liquid Shimmering Skin Perfector, this creamy powder luminizer is like crushed gemstones in a compact.

Refined luminosity in any light. This formula features ultra-fine luminescent pearls that absorb, reflect and refract light so your natural glow is never lost. Unlike the traditional pressed powder method, which simply mixes and compresses dry ingredients, this unique process blends pigments with proprietary liquid binders, resulting in unparalleled, creamy application with balanced color dispersion.

This formula features multi-toned, ultra-fine pigment pearls that adjust to skin's natural undertones. Formulated without parabens.

Currently available in three shades, plus the limited edition Rose Gold that I have in this post. The other shades are: Moonstone, Opal and Topaz -- and they are the same shades as the liquid version, just pressed powder.

This gorgeous pressed powder version of Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector (the original is a liquid) is as beautiful on the skin as it is in the compact! The Rose Gold shade is a limited edition Holiday 2013 shade - so get it while you can if you're interested!

I do find that the Rose Gold shade on my skintone works more as a blush highlight rather than a highlight like I use the original in Moonstone for, but I can make it work - it's just not as everyday for me as Moonstone is. It makes a gorgeous eyeshadow too! Gives your skin a rose gold glow - so pretty!

This has a soft, creamy, silky texture to it that blends out beautifully. I do find that this has more shimmer to it than the liquid version that I have, so maybe that's why I don't find it as everyday for me but you may love it.

If you're not into liquid highlighters then these are the perfect option for you. The powder versions may be better suited for those that wear powder foundations - like Bare Minerals, for example - and who prefer to skip liquids. I personally prefer the liquid version, but everyone has their preferences. I still think Becca's pressed version of their Shimmering Skin Perfector is the best pressed powder highlight I'd tried as well. Becca knows what they're doing when it comes to giving your skin a natural, perfect glow!



My Comparison & Thoughts on Both...
So what is the difference and which is right for you - liquid or powder?

I'll start by saying both products are beautiful and you can't go wrong with either of them. The one I've been using more on a daily basis is the liquid version in Moonstone; it has absolutely stolen my heart and I've fallen hard for it and left my other highlighters tucked away in their drawer. However, at the same time, I think the Rose Gold pressed version is gorgeous too! I have swatched the Moonstone shade in the pressed version and it's next on my list.

I personally think a lot comes down to your makeup preference. Some people like to use all powder foundations - like Bare Minerals, as an example - and if you're a powder product type of gal, then you'll love the pressed version of Becca's beautiful highlighters. Also great if you like to apply your highlight after you've set your foundation with a powder or if you find you have very oily skin and avoid liquid and creams.

If you like to use liquid or cream foundations, then you may prefer the liquid version. I think the liquid version is more versatile - as you can mix it in with your foundation or even your moisturizer/tinted moisturizer/BB Cream/CC Cream, etc. - in addition to just apply it to your face. You can wear it under your foundation, and it doesn't matter why formula of foundation you apply on top.

The only downside to the liquid is you shouldn't apply a liquid over powder products - so if you do like to use a powder foundation and want the liquid, then I would recommend using the liquid before your foundation. You'll still get a glow from the product, even under foundation - but of course if you want a more noticeable glow/highlight rather than a subtle look then you'll want to apply it after your foundation.

I have used both as an eyeshadow for a natural eye look and they're pretty on the eyes - I do find the pressed Rose Gold has more pigmentation to it as an eyeshadow. You can also use both products on the body too - although not sure how well they will stay on your skin and not transfer, but still gorgeous for a night out. Use on your collar bone and shoulders if you plan to wear a sleeveless dress or top! Also could use on your legs to make them look extra glowy and gorgeous.

Comparing the shades I have, Moonstone works better for my skintone as an everyday highlight shade. Rose Gold has more shimmer to it and slightly more pigmentation. However, I did swatch Moonstone in the pressed version at Sephora and thought it was just as pretty as the liquid version so maybe just the Rose Gold one has more shimmer -- hard to tell unless they are all in front of me at the same time.

But like I mentioned already, you really can't go wrong with either one - they are both gorgeous formulas that look natural and beautiful on the skin. I love them both! The hard part for you will be deciding which formula - liquid or pressed - is right for you.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these highlighters? Do you prefer the liquid or the pressed version? Have you tried them or are they on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. I have a few samples of the Opal liquid and I have been obsessed with it for the longest time. If I ever run out of these samples I'll for sure buy it. I got to try the pressed version at iFabbo this October and I want that soon too ;)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)