December 23, 2013

M. Steves RHSO Power-Packed Reviving Exfoliator - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

Over the summer I reviewed the M. Steves RHSO Power-Packed Purifying Cleanser & the M. Steves RHSO Power-Packed Nourishing Boost. I now have another product from the M. Steves skincare line to share with you all in this post - her RHSO Power-Packed Reviving Exfoliator. This 3-in-1 scrub, peel and mask has been a well-enjoyed product in my skincare routine. Check out my full review below, including all the product info, after the pics!

M. Steves
RHSO Power-Packed Reviving Exfoliator

















M. Steves Reviving Exfoliator Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $48.00 (1.7 fl oz/50ml full size). Available on the M. Steves website and at select retailers. Click here for a list of locations.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

The  M. Steves Reviving Exfoliator exfoliates, smooths and refines while enhancing radiance and glow. Helps correct appearance of uneven skin texture, and encourage skin's natural regenerative abilities.

It's a facial in a jar. An exfoliating mask for all skin types. Includes RHSO (Rose Hip Seed Oil), microdermabrasion crystals, walnut shell powder, glycolic acid, fruit enzymes and dead sea mud.

This exfoliating mask refines the appearance of skin's texture and encourages renewal. Offers the benefits of a microdermabrasion treatment, a fruit enzyme and alpha hydroxy acid peel, and a deep-cleaning rich dead sea mud mask. Immediately lift and dissolve dry, dead skin and unwanted impurities leaving skin with a healthy, fresh glow.

Dermatologist tested. 93.5% natural. 100% vegan. No parabens. No petrochemicals. No GMOs. No phthalates. Wheat & gluten free. No synthetic dyes or fragrance. No animal testing. Recyclable.

To Use: Apply a light layer to clean, dampened face and neck and gently circulate in an upward motion. Follow with an additional generous layer and leave on for 5 to 10 minutes. Wash thoroughly with tepid water and pat dry. Recommended for use at night. For best results, use after the Purifying Cleanser. For sensitive skin types, add a few drop of the Ultra-Nourishing Boost to the Reviving Exfoliator before application.


This mask made my skin soft and smooth, with a slight radiance/glow to it. I feel like the exfoliation is gentle enough even for sensitive skin, but still effective. I do think you have to use a lot of product, if you were to follow the instructions - which say to apply a light layer, which is the layer you massage on, and then a generous layer on top of that. By doing so, I feel like this jar wouldn't last very many treatments - I've used it about 5 times and put quite a dent in the jar, but I've started to only add an additional layer to my real problem areas because I do find that the first light layer still gets your skin smooth.

In fact, you could just apply a light layer and use it as a scrub, washing it off after you massage it on - or leave it on for 2 minutes, then rinse off. That's what I've been doing to get a little more use out of it, and actually prefer it as a scrub/exfoliator rather than a mask. I don't really find leaving on the second generous layer really does a whole lot more for my skin, although maybe I'm not getting the best of the ingredients, by not letting it sit on my skin for the 5 to 10 minutes.

I do love the M. Steves line - I think the skincare is effective and packed with good-for-you ingredients. This exfoliator is nice, although the price point is a little high if you were to follow the directions and apply the second generous layer because you would go through the jar very quickly. I don't use this more than once a week, because I want to keep it around for as long as possible, but you could certainly use this more than once a week if this was your only mask/exfoliator.

Overall, I do think it is a nice exfoliator/mask and one that I'd recommend to you if you enjoy the M. Steves line!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this exfoliator/mask? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)