January 5, 2014

Weleda Birch Body Scrub - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I have another Weleda product to share with you today. Back at the end of October I reviewed the Weleda Almond Soothing Cleansing Lotion - which I loved the smell of, but thought the product was just okay. In this post I'll share with you my review on the Weleda Birch Body Scrub - which I actually don't like the scent of - but did I like the product? Read my review below, including all the product info, after the pics!

Weleda Birch Body Scrub





Weleda Birch Body Scrub Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $12.00 (5.1 fl oz full size). Available on the Weleda website, on the Drugstore.com website (although for some reason it's $17 there instead of just $12 on the Weleda website), and everywhere else Weleda products are sold.
My Rating: 3 out of 5 Kisses

Weleda's Birch Body Scrub gently exfoliates and smoothes the skin. An extract of organic birch leaves, known for having purifying and detoxifying effects, promotes radiant skin that looks and feels completely refreshed. Vegetable-based cleanser free of synthetic detergents ensure even sensitive skin gets gently cleansed. Natural plant wax pearls and pure organic and natural plant oils massage your skin, supporting skin renewal without drying or disturbing your skin's natural balance. Organic sesame seed oil and apricot kernel oil, rich in essential fatty acids, promote radiant skin that feels and looks refreshed. Your skin soaks up their unique complex of skin-replenishing nutrients and feels naturally refined and silky smooth. Gently exfoliate rough surface skin to reveal the regeneration of a pure, naturally refined, beautiful you.

When they say this "gently exfoliates" they are telling the truth. This is a very gentle body scrub, almost too gentle. For me, I felt like this needs to be more gritty - especially being a body scrub. I could understand if it were a face scrub, but this just wasn't very gritty. Certainly wouldn't be able to tackle my rougher areas - like the heels of my feet, knees or elbows. But would do okay for a gentle, light exfoliation over my body. It also has a very runny, almost lotion-like consistency. Certainly not typical of a body scrub such as ones like those you will find in jars that tend to be more dense, chunky or thick.

The scent wasn't my taste - it wasn't anything down right terrible, but if other scent options were available I'd likely choose another. However, I've read other reviews on this body scrub and they were saying how good this smelled, so I guess it comes down to personal preference on that as to if you care about a body scrub scent or not. The price point isn't too high at $12, although I don't know why the Drugstore.com website is selling this for $17 and it's the same size. Maybe there is a pricing error on their site?

I don't think this is one I'd go out and re-purchase for myself, but I do think it would be a great daily exfoliator due to how gentle it is. If you have very sensitive skin, or if you like to exfoliate daily (and don't want to over-exfoliate your skin) then I think you'll really enjoy this body scrub.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this body scrub? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)