February 23, 2014

February 2014 Ipsy Bag - pics, value break-down, reviews

Hello, Beautiful!

It's been a long while since I've posted any of my monthly subscription boxes/bags, and honestly it's because I ran out of time, forgot, and I also cancelled a lot of them. I have been posting pics of them (when I remember) on my Instagram. I'm going to try and make an effort to also post them on here like I used to do all the time.

This is my February 2014 Ipsy bag! The theme was The Look Of Love (obviously for Valentine's Day).

Ipsy is just $10 a month! Each month you'll receive 4 to 6 deluxe or even full-sized products. If you want to sign-up for your own Ipsy bag, CLICK HERE (it's my referral link - you don't have to use my referral link; it only gives me points that I can save up to redeem for prizes in the future).

Normally I would have high-quality photos, and lots of them, but I didn't do that with this bag so I unfortunately only have my Instagram photo to use for this post. That also means I don't have the included info card. Next time it will be the normal photos you're used to seeing here; I promise. Check out below to see what I received, a little about each product and my thoughts, as well as a break-down of the value of this month's bag!


February 2014 Ipsy Bag


Shipment Quick Stats:
  • Value of this month's Ipsy Bag: $40.81 (value is approximate & does not include value of actual bag)
  • Total # of Items Received: 5
  • # of FULL SIZED items: 3
  • # of makeup items: 3
  • # of nail items: 1
  • # of hair care items: 1
  • # of skin care items: 0
  • # of body care items: 0
  • # of fragrance items: 0

Now I'll talk about each product...

City Color Cosmetics - Be Matte Blush
Shade: Fresh Melon
  • MY THOUGHTS: This is a HUGE blush. It's clearly a full sized product, and I love that. The shade I received is Fresh Melon, which is a really pretty peachy/orange coral pink. It's hard for me to describe, but I like the color. I like that this is a matte blush, because although shimmer blushes can  look really pretty and glowy, I still prefer a matte blush. I know this brand doesn't retail for very high prices, but I was still really excited to receive this in my bag.
  • FULL SIZE: $2.99
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: I received the full sized
  • VALUE: $2.99

POP Beauty - Plump Pout mini
Shade: Peony Petal
  • MY THOUGHTS: Although I haven't opened this yet, I was really excited about this product because the shade I received looks pretty. There were two shades being sent out, you either received the shade I did - Peony Petal - or a brighter shade, Fuchsia Freesia.. The sample size is nice - basically half the full size! I've heard good things about this. It's supposed to plump your lips with the shine of gloss and the long wear of a stain (which seems to be a trend lately with a lot of lip products across all brands). Looking forward to trying this one out.
  • FULL SIZE: 0.30 oz/8.5g @ $16.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.14 oz/4g
  • VALUE: $7.47

Zoya - Nail Polish
Shade: Odette
  • MY THOUGHTS: I actually already own this shade, it's from their Naturel Collection - which I did a review last month of all 6 shades. Click here to see that review with lots of pics & swatches. But, I do love that it's another full sized product in my bag, and it came in a Zoya box instead of just being thrown in there. I'll likely give this away, either to a friend or in an Instagram giveaway.
  • FULL SIZE: 0.5 fl oz @ $9.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: I received the full sized
  • VALUE: $9.00

Tini Beauty - Eyetini Cordial Cream Shadow & Base In One
Shade: Spiced Rum
  • MY THOUGHTS: When I first saw this product in my bag I thought it was a lip gloss, as it's in a lip gloss type packaging. At that time, when I thought this was a lip gloss, I was disappointed because of the shade. But once I later realized this was an eye product, I was more excited about it! Plus, this is ANOTHER full sized product in my bag this month! I haven't tried it yet, but looking forward to it. There were three shades going out in bags this month: Spiced Rum (the one I received), Ambrosia, and Violette (and Ipsy exclusive). I kind of wish I got the shade Violette because it is an Ipsy exclusive, but I'll live. 
  • FULL SIZE: 0.14 oz @ $18.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: I received the full sized
  • VALUE: $18.00

NuMe - Intense Renewal Mask
  • MY THOUGHTS: I've never tried any NuMe products, and I love hair masks, so I was actually kind of excited to get this. It's an okay sample size - I could see myself getting 1 to 2 uses out of this, which is enough to see if I would like it. I haven't even opened it yet to see how it smells, but I'm really looking forward to trying this out. When I looked it up online it seemed to have great reviews! When Ipsy was MyGlam, in my very first bag in February 2012, they included a $100 NuMe gift certificate but I never used it. Now I did say I was with Ipsy since they were MyGlam and I missed the first bag in December 2011, but was supposed to get the 2nd bag in January 2012 but my bag was part of their shipping mix up, which is why technically my first bag from them was their third bag, but I've been with them since their second bag. Signed up in December 2011!
  • FULL SIZE: 6 oz.177 ml @ $29.99
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.67 oz/20 ml
  • VALUE: $3.35

The actual bag everything comes in...
my thoughts:
  • This month's bag wasn't anything spectacular. On the outside it's a plain bright pink with a white top-zipper and the little round Ipsy logo pull. The inside of the bag is where it gets cute - a pink leopard print, but I would have much rather preferred that on the outside of the bag. I'm not sure how often I'd use this one, it's just okay. I'm still loving the December bag - that may have been my favorite to date, and I've been with Ipsy since the 2nd bag when they were still MyGlam!

My Thoughts On Entire Bag...
  • FULL SIZE/DELUXE SIZE: This bag contained 3 full sized products and 2 deluxe sample sized products. 
  • VALUE: The value was approximately $40.81, which is 4x the amount that you pay for the bag. It's not the highest value Ipsy bag that I've ever received, but it's still very good return for what you pay.
  • USAGE: I will use every single product in this bag, except for the Zoya polish - and that's only because I already have that shade and want to give it away to someone, or in an Instagram giveaway.
  • FINAL THOUGHTS: I'm rarely ever disappointed with Ipsy, and again, they shipped an amazing bag. For only $10, they really deliver. I'm once again happy with my Ipsy bag!

Let me know what you think...
What are your thoughts on this month's Ipsy bag? Did you receive an Ipsy bag this month? If so, what did you get in your bag? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)