February 13, 2014

Gabriel Cosmetics - ZuZu Luxe Shades of Passion Lip Palette (limited edition) - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

Gabriel Cosmetics ZuZu Luxe line has come out with a limited edition lip palette, perfect for any red lip lover! The Shades of Passion palette contains 4 shades of red lipstick and includes a lip brush for easy, on-the-go application. Check out all the product info below, along with my full review, after the pics!

Gabriel Cosmetics - ZuZu Luxe
Shades of Passion Lip Palette






































Gabriel Cosmetics ZuZu Luxe Shades of Passion Lip Palette Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $19.95 (full size). Available on the Gabriel Cosmetics website.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

A limited edition palette featuring four gorgeous shades of red lipstick! Red lips are classic and look glamorous all year round. Mix & match the moisture rich lipsticks to create endless looks while keeping lips soft and tempting.  Includes a lip brush.

I'm not the biggest fan of red lips, but as a beauty blogger I love trying all shades and products - and of course like to have some reds in my collection (not to mention there is a huge red-lip loving population). If you don't like red lips, then this palette is likely one you'll want to skip - however, if you are indeed a fan of red lips then you may want to pick up this palette while you still can, as it is limited edition.

This includes four shades of red, and there seems to be a red in there for everyone. Two seem to lean more on a the warm side, while the other two leave on the cool side. You could even mix them to get a custom red lip that's all your own.

Includes a lip brush, which at first I thought would be too fluffy - but I used it to apply all four shades for these lip swatches and it worked beautifully!

The shades themselves don't have names, so I just labeled them 1 through 4 to make it easier to talk about them.

Here are my thoughts on each shade...

Shade 1 seems to be an orange pinky red shade. More on the warmer side - and it's a more muted tone of red for those that don't want to wear a screaming red shade on their lips.

Shade 2 was the most pigmented out of the four and was a true brick red that had some brightness to it. More of a cooler toned red.

Shade 3 seemed like a nice red with an orange undertone; again, a warm shade of red.

Shade 4 was a pinky red; a cooler toned red.

All the shades, even though they are lipsticks, remind me a bit of a gloss too. They have a really nice shine to them and apply really nicely. They feel comfortable on the lips - although not necessarily the most moisturizing formula. I wear a lip balm underneath and have no issues.

My only complaint is there is no mirror in the palette; which isn't the biggest deal as I usually have another mirror around - but this palette is nice for taking with you because it's not very bulky and includes a usable lip brush. Just needs the mirror and it would be perfect for travel and touch-ups.

Overall, I think if you're a red lip lover this is one you may indeed enjoy!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this lip palette? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)