February 16, 2014

Milani Power Lip Lasting & Moisturizing Gloss Stain - swatches, pics & review of 6 shades!

Hello, Beautiful!

Milani's new Power Lip Lasting & Moisturizing Gloss Stain gives you the lasting power of a stain with the moisturizing properties and glossy shine of a lip gloss. Available in eight shades - six of which I have to show you in this post. My favorite of the six I have is Raspberry Tart! Check out all the product info below, along with my full review, after the pics!

Milani
Power Lip Lasting & Moisturizing Gloss Stain
Shades: 01 Red Control, 02 Cabaret Blend, 03 Raspberry Tart, 04 Pink Lemonade, 06 Strawberry Sugar, 07 Mango Tango
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.













Milani
Power Lip Lasting & Moisturizing Gloss Stain
Shade: 01 Red Control









Milani
Power Lip Lasting & Moisturizing Gloss Stain
Shade: 02 Cabaret Blend









Milani
Power Lip Lasting & Moisturizing Gloss Stain
Shade: 03 Raspberry Tart









Milani
Power Lip Lasting & Moisturizing Gloss Stain
Shade: 04 Pink Lemonade









Milani
Power Lip Lasting & Moisturizing Gloss Stain
Shade: 06 Strawberry Sugar









Milani
Power Lip Lasting & Moisturizing Gloss Stain
Shade: 07 Mango Tango







Milani Power Lip Lasting & Moisturizing Gloss Stain Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $6.49 depending where you shop (0.09 oz full size). Available on the Milani Cosmetics website. Launching February 2014 at CVS, Walgreens and Walmart.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

Milani Power Lip Lasting & Moisturizing Gloss Stain is a new non-drying formula. Combines the shine of a gloss with the long wear of a stain. When first applied it goes on like a high-shine gloss, and then wears to a rich stain that lasts. Formula cushions lips and provides a non-drying, comfortable wear. Long lasting shine, stain and color coverage. Easy to use twist pen with brush applicator. Non-feathering. Made in the USA. Paraben-free.

Launching with eight shades, which I'll list below:
  • 01 Red Control
  • 02 Cabaret Blend
  • 03 Raspberry Tart
  • 04 Pink Lemonade
  • 05 Macaroon
  • 06 Strawberry Sugar
  • 07 Mango Tango
  • 08 Creamy Cafe

I have six of the eight shades, and all of them except one had a nice formula and looked good on the lips. The shade I absolutely hated was 06 Strawberry Sugar. It's just not my cup of tea; it's a very pale - almost pastel - pink shade that is very opaque yet milky. It applied streaky to my lips and didn't blend/rub in well. This was the only shade of the six I have that acted that way.

The other shades went out nicely - great pigmentation, smooth and even, non-streaky. They're non-sticky and they will stain your lips. I think I want to try Macaroon (which I don't have), which seems like a great everyday shade. Out of the shades I do have, Raspberry Tart, Pink Lemonade and Mango Tango were probably my favorite.

They do feel moisturizing on the lips - which is nice for a stain. Nice and glossy too with decent staying power. They are a bit darker/deeper in tone in person than how they show up in the photos, but they're still wearable.

These have a brush-tip applicator - which will perform best if you break it up before you twist-up the product for the first time. Twist them up to get the product out. You can't see how much product you have left in the tube, but I don't really mind that too much.

Out of all the new Milani lip products that have come out, these are probably my least favorite. Having said that, I still like these - they're just not the stand-out lip products from Milani, for me. I haven't reached for them as much as their Brilliant Shine Lip Glosses or their Lip Intense Liquid Color glosses. I still think they're worth trying if you want a moisturizing staining lip product - these fit that profile perfectly!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this lip gloss stain? Which shade is your favorite? Do you plan to pick any of these up or add them to your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

4 comments:

  1. I have been wondering about these, so I was super happy when I saw your post. I think Rasperry tart would be the one I would try.

    Loevens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing swatches! Milani has terrible color names. Pink lemonade? Really??

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Loevens: So glad my post was helpful - I hope you get to try Raspberry Tart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Anonymous: Haha, I guess I can agree with you on that one. I've never had Pink Lemonade that was THAT dark or bright.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)