March 16, 2014

Butter London Wink Cream Eye Shadow in Treacle - pics, swatches, review!

Hello, Beautiful!

This was my first time trying a cream shadow from Butter London, and I'm impressed. I got to try one of the new spring shades: Treacle. Let me just tell you, this shade is so glowy and pretty on the eyelids... I think I may be in love with it! It's a bit sheer at first, but easily buildable. One it dries down, it doesn't budge! Could easily wear on its own or even as a shadow base (but it's so pretty on its own). Check out all the product info, along with my full review, after the pics!

Butter London WINK Cream Eye Shadow
Shade: Treacle

















Butter London WINK Cream Eye Shadow Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $18.00 (0.27 oz full size). Available on the Butter London website, at Ulta, at Dermstore, and everywhere else Butter London is sold.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

Product Info...

With a lightweight formula, these vibrant cream shadows are easily applied and incredibly blendable. These washes of color dry into a velvety shimmer finish. The sheer formula goes on smoothly and is easily layered for deeper intensity. Does not crease. Comes in a tube with a doe-foot applicator.

Now available in a total of ten shades with the new addition of the four spring shades from their Boho Rock collection. Below are all ten shades, starting with the new ones, and their shade descriptions.
  • Treacle: a light beige shimmer
  • Earl Grey: steel grey shimmer
  • Twigged: a taupe shimmer
  • English Rose: a rosy pink shimmer
  • Indigo Punk: lavender shimmer
  • Inky Six: baby blue shimmer
  • Jaded Jack: grass green shimmer
  • Pistol Pink: rose-pink shimmer
  • Sun Kiss: muted gold shimmer
  • Alabaster Gaze: silver shimmer


My Review...

I don't know if I would call these cream shadows so much, as they're more of a liquid shadow. They go on very thin and weighless. Smooth and easy to apply, and incredibly easy to blend out while they are still wet. But once they do set, they're not budging, so I'd suggest working one eye at a time when using these if you want to blend them out at all.

They have a doe-foot applicator, and just based on personal preference, I don't really like doe-foot applicators for cream/liquid shadow application - even though it does make them very easy to apply. I prefer a squeeze tube, since I'm going to use my fingers (or brush) to blend it out anyway. However, seeing as how much I love the formula and shade (which if you keep reading, you'll see why), I can easily overlook the packaging/doe foot applicator.

On the first layer, they are a bit sheer and light in coverage - but still can be very pretty depending on the shade you choose. I'd imaging a darker or brighter shade would still show up great on the first layer. The shade I have, Treacle, is a light shade and even with one layer makes the lids glowly and pretty. However, I prefer to layer this two or three times, depending on the look I'm going for.

The shade I have, Treacle, can be used in one layer as an inner corner highlight too. You can use it all over the lid on its own, as a shadow base, or with other shadows.

I will say the shade Treacle does kind of remind me of the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded in how it's glowly and a great neutral champagne color, but this formula of the Butter London one is much thinner and lightweight, also I find they are much easier to blend out (not that Maybelline Color Tattoo's are hard to use). It's also not an exact dupe of Barely Branded, but just to compare it to something - that's what first popped into my head. I really want to get the shade Twiggy too, which seems like an amazing taupe!

I was really impressed with how these do NOT budge once they set. I rubbed and rubbed the swatch on my hand... even over three layers... and it wouldn't move. No creasing either!


Final Thoughts...

This was my first time trying a Butter London cream shadow and I was impressed! I think their new spring line of shades is much prettier then their core line - which don't really seem like shades I would typically pick up, especially at $18 a piece. But because I loved the shade Treacle so much, I'm definitely going to pick up Twiggy! They are both neutral shades that will get a lot of use and the formula is great. Yes, I'd recommend!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this cream shadow? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

4 comments:

  1. It looks very pretty! I have only used Butter London nail polishes so far and they are amazing. I really have to try their other products, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your product posts as they are thorough and include valuable imagery :) I am currently looking for a similar product in a similar shade but I think this would go a bit too light for my skin tone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your detailed reviews and crystal clear pictures :) I am very skeptical about paying $18 for an eye shadow by a company more known for their nail polishes. But maybe I will try it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That color is amazing :) It looks so pretty

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)