March 20, 2014

Ipsy bag March 2014 - pics, review, and value breakdown!

Hello, Beautiful!

This is my March 2014 Ipsy bag! Check out below to see what I received, a little about each product and my thoughts, as well as a break-down of the value of this month's bag! Again, I only have the pic I posted on Instagram, but I promise at some point in the future these posts will include high-res pics and more pics than just the overall bag with contents!

Ipsy is just $10 a month! Each month you'll receive 4 to 6 deluxe or even full-sized products. If you want to sign-up for your own Ipsy bag, CLICK HERE (it's my referral link - you don't have to use my referral link; it only gives me points that I can save up to redeem for prizes in the future).


March 2014 Ipsy Bag


Shipment Quick Stats:
  • Value of this month's Ipsy Bag: $54.63 (value is approximate & does not include value of actual bag)
  • Total # of Items Received: 4
  • # of FULL SIZED items: 2
  • # of makeup items: 3
  • # of nail items: 0
  • # of hair care items: 0
  • # of skin care items: 0
  • # of body care items: 1
  • # of fragrance items: 0

Now I'll talk about each product...

Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick
Shade: Get Ready
  • MY THOUGHTS: Even though this isn't a full sized lipstick, this may be my favorite item out of the entire bag! It's a really cute size and the color is gorgeous. Great pigmentation and feels comfortable/moisturizing on the lips. Makes me want to try more shades from this line.
  • FULL SIZE: 0.12 oz @ $18.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.05 oz/1.5 g
  • VALUE: $7.50


Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Eyeshadow Quad
Shade: Bora Bora, Starlet, Rock Bottom, Risky Business
  • MY THOUGHTS: I love Be A Bombshell Cosmetics, and while people are tired of getting something in almost every Ipsy bag from them, I actually enjoy it because it's a full sized product every time, the quality is nice, and I almost always end up using it. This time it is one of their shadow quads. I already own several of their shadow singles (I think I have 7 or 8 shades now), and I have two or three shades from this quad so I'm not going to keep this one for myself, since I already have them in singles - but if I didn't, this would be used for sure because they are nicely pigmented and the colors are perfect for summer too!
  • FULL SIZE: 0.17 oz/4.8 g oz @ $16.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: this is a full sized product
  • VALUE: $16.00


Chella Eyeliner Pen
Shade: Indigo Blue
  • MY THOUGHTS: I love liquid liners, so I was excited to get one in my bag - although I didn't open this one up because it is blue and I already have two liquid liners in blue shades opened.... and I hardly use them. While I love using blue as a liner - especially because it really pops against my brown eyes - I don't think I'll open this up yet or I may end up blog selling it.
  • FULL SIZE: 0.034 fl oz @ $24.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: this is a full sized product
  • VALUE: $24.00


Vita Liberata Luxury Tan - pHenomenal 2-3 Week Tan Lotion
Shade: Medium
  • MY THOUGHTS: I had never heard of this brand, so when I looked it up and found it sold at Sephora, I got a bit more intrigued... especially because the full size retails for $54! It's always nice to be able to try something out in a smaller size before committing to that kind of price tag. Honestly, I'm not a huge self tan person, but when I do use self tanner it's normally before a special event and I almost always only use it on my legs because they are the whitest part of my body. I like that this is supposed to last 2 to 3 weeks - that's intriguing in itself. Although I haven't tried it yet, I'm looking forward to giving it a try!
  • FULL SIZE: 5.07 oz @ $54.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.67 fl oz/20 ml
  • VALUE: $7.13


The actual bag everything comes in...
my thoughts:
  • I actually don't like the bag this comes in. The pattern is really blurry on my bag and maybe if it was sharper I'd enjoy it more, as I think it sort of looks like nail polish swatch blobs in an artistic way. Everyone's bag had the same pattern, but different placement on their bag. I've actually seen better placement in other photos. It's okay, just not my cup of tea this time around.


My Thoughts On Entire Bag...
  • FULL SIZE/DELUXE SIZE: This bag contained two full sized products and two deluxe sized products.
  • VALUE: The value was approximately $54.63
  • USAGE: I have already used the Bare Mineral lipstick several times - it's GORGEOUS! Love the shade and will continue to use. I don't need the Be A Bombshell quad, as I already have 2 or 3 of the 4 shades in singles. The eyeliner, while I would typically LOVE a product like that, I don't plan to open just yet as I already have two blue liquid liners open and I don't want to open another. It may go in a blog sale. And the self tanner will get used, but I'm not sure when I'll give it a try.
  • FINAL THOUGHTS: This bag contained only 4 items and usually I get 5 to 6. However, it's still an amazing value for a bag. 


Let me know what you think...
What are your thoughts on this month's Ipsy bag? Did you receive an Ipsy bag this month? If so, what did you get in your bag? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)