June 14, 2014

Wantable Beauty Box - June 2014 - pics, value breakdown and mini reviews!

Hello, Beautiful!

This is my June 2014 Wantable Beauty Box! Wantable is a monthly subscription service (you can also buy a one-time box) that gives you 4 to 5 FULL SIZED beauty products every month! They also have an accessories box and an intimates box. Of course being the makeup hoarder I am, I go for the Beauty Box! Check out everything in my box below!

If you remember back to a year ago, I used to subscribe to Wantable's Beauty Box. I had received two boxes in April (one for promotional consideration and one when I signed up for my own subscription), and then a box in May and a box in June (all in 2013). I continued my subscription through October 2013, although I didn't make any more blog posts because I honestly kept forgetting! But I did make an Instagram post for my September 2013 box and my October 2013 box.

When I first was subscribed to Wantable, I received more items in my box than I did at the end of my subscription. I would get between 6 and 9 items in each box (and they used to say between 4 and 6 full sized items; now it's between 4 and 5), including little samples, but would always be at least 5 full sized items. But then it became less and less - which is ultimately why I cancelled my subscription. My September box included only 4 full sized items and one sample, and then my October box only included 4 full sized items and one foil sample packet. I ended up returning my September box and wanted to return my October box as well (that damn foil sample packet made me so mad considering there were only 4 items in the box), but forgot to return the October box. However, I did cancel my subscription after that box. In all fairness, they do say you get 4 to 6 full sized items, so why I complained when I only got 4 items I don't know. Maybe I was just spoiled by the amount I had previously gotten. It also wasn't just the amount of items; I had gotten items that just weren't my style or items I already had.

The reason I re-subscribed was because I had a $10 credit to use (making it $26 for this month's box) and Melissa Raymond, aka Melmphs (CLICK HERE to go to her YouTube channel, she is a great personality to watch), helped to curate the June 2014 Wantable Beauty Box! I was hoping to get the Tarina Tarantino Blush, but didn't get that want. BUT I ended up being really pleased with this month's box anyway, so I am considering keeping the Wantable subscription again!


If you want to sign up for Wantable just click here or follow the link below (it's my referral link). You can sign up without subscribing, just so you have an account waiting for you in case you ever want to start your subscription or buy a one-time box! Sign-up link: https://www.wantable.com/invite/wpHSNqQgXOs

It's $36 a month with free shipping (as a subscription), or you can purchase a one-time only box for $40 in case you're not sure you want to fully commit. But with their happiness guarantee, there really is no reason to not go for the subscription! If for any reason you're not happy you can send it back for a full refund; they even include a pre-paid return label! Plus, you can skip a shipment or cancel anytime. It really is hassle-free and worry-free, so why not try it out for a month or two (I always give subscription services three months before I decide to stay or go). And they have a nice customization survey where you'll Love, Like, Or Dislike products so you'll get the most customized box possible. What's best about that is you'll never receive something you say you Dislike and you're more likely to receive products you say you Love! They even go into detail with shades and formulations. It's the most customized subscription boxes I ever tried!


June 2014 Wantable Beauty Box



Shipment Quick Stats:
  • Value of this month's Wantable Beauty Box: $96.99 (value is approximate)
  • Total # of Items Received: 5
  • # of FULL SIZED items: 5
  • # of makeup items: 5
  • # of nail items: 0
  • # of hair care items: 0
  • # of skin care items: 0
  • # of body care items: 0
  • # of fragrance items: 0

Now I'll talk about each product...

Vincent Longo - Pressed Face Powder
Shade: Golden Sienna
  • MY THOUGHTS: I like the Vincent Longo brand, I just don't have many products from the line. When I saw that I received a full sized face powder I was really excited. This is a setting powder that helps absorb surface oils and helps you maintain a smooth, matte canvas throughout the day. Even though there are shade selections, it blends to an almost invisible finish. The shade I received, Golden Sienna, works perfectly. They offer one shade lighter and two shades darker. Wantable got my shade perfect. And I have to say, this powder feels so luxe! It is so soft and silky smooth; it feels great on the skin and looks flawless too. I haven't been using it long - I only got to use it about 3 or 4 times - but so far I'm really loving it!
  • FULL SIZE VALUE: $28.00

OFRA Universal Eyebrow Pencil
  • MY THOUGHTS: I love brow products and had never tried an Ofra product, so was excited to give this a try. I find the color match to be decent, although honestly I don't think it would be the most universal for every single person. What I like and dislike is how waxy this pencil is. I like it because it helps to keep hairs in place but I don't like to use waxy pencils in warmer weather. I find they just are a bit too sticky/tacky and melty (if that makes sense). It had okay staying power, but I did notice it missing in spots from either touching my brow or maybe just wearing off (not sure). I only tested this out one time so I'll have to give it a few more tries but so far, it's not terrible. It's just not something I've reached for since getting it. My holy grail is still the Anastasia Brow Wiz in the shade Medium Ash.
  • FULL SIZE VALUE: $10.00

Glam Natural Mascara
Shade: black
  • MY THOUGHTS: I actually never heard of this brand, so excited to get a new-to-me brand to try out. The price tag on this is steep for a mascara, so I hope it does great things. I haven't had the chance to try it out yet because I have a few mascaras I'm already using, but I usually break my own rules and end up trying it out sooner than I should. Looking forward to trying this one out!
  • FULL SIZE VALUE: $28.00

Eddie Funkhouser Chromographic Lip Color
Shade: Kiki
  • MY THOUGHTS: I have been more of a lipstick wearer this past year compared to previous years, where I was normally a gloss girl. But this shade, Kiki, is GORGEOUS. It's a coral pink that's very wearable for everyday, yet not a nude. It's just bright enough to give your face some life, but not so bright that's it's screaming in your face. It has great pigmentation and goes on really smooth. I don't find it to be the most hydrating formulation,so I use a lip balm under or over it to get the most comfortable wear. I looked at some of their other shades online and I'm dying to try the shade Strip Search, Epic and Skinny Dip. However, I did see they have a Hyperreal Nourishing Lip Color, which is basically the same lipstick (intense pigmentation) but also with a boost of hydration. While that formulation sounds better, the shades aren't there like they are with the Chromographic Lip Colors. But I'd still try the shade Model Citizen from the Hyperreal line. What I love most is these aren't super expensive, so at $11.99 you can afford to try a few!
  • FULL SIZE VALUE: $11.99

Mirabella Eye Definer
Shade: Foil
  • MY THOUGHTS: I like the brand Mirabella; they make some of my favorite lipsticks - their Color Vinyl Lipstick (specifically the shade Rosy Rouge is A-MAZING!), their La La Velvet Lip Pencils are fun, their Sparkle Glitter Glaze is a must for me, and I love their Magic Marker Eyeliner. This eyeliner has a great formula, but I honestly don't know how much I'll actually use it. The color is a charcoal gray type shade and I while I love grays, I don't wear gray eyeliner. I'll probably use this as a base for a smoky eye look or something (I'll find a use) but I would have loved this in just a black shade.
  • FULL SIZE VALUE: $19.00



My Thoughts On The Entire Box...
  • VALUE: The value was $96.99
  • USAGE: I already have used the Vincent Longo face powder and that's honestly my favorite product in the entire box! My second favorite is the Eddie Funkhouser lipstick - which I'm just loving the shade! I'll use the mascara eventually (can't wait to try it), and although I have tried the Ofra brow pencil, I'm just not sure I'll reach for it often. The only item in the box I probably won't use for a long while, if anything more than some swatches here and there, is the Mirabella Eye Definer. There are only so many pencil eye liners a girl can go through in a lifetime and if you took a peek into my eyeliner drawers (that's right, I have two - and one is just for pencil liners), you'd see I have way too many (and that was after purging about 20 to 30 liners)
  • FINAL THOUGHTS: Do I feel like I got a good value in this months box? Yes, I do! I only paid $26 because I had a $10 credit (thank you to Rynda H. for purchasing a box/subscription!). That means I got $70.99 in FREE product (it's like purchasing all these products for around 75% off). Even if I had paid the full $36 I still think this months box was a great value. I've had higher value boxes in the past from Wantable and also lower valued boxes, so this one fits right in the middle. I certainly received two products I already love, one that was okay and two I still need to test out. I think I'll give Wantable another month or two and see if I want to keep this subscription or not. It's pricey, and with me being on a tight budget I need to make every penny count. But I like that with Wantable I can get a refund if I don't like my box and that's the only reason I'll give this one a try time and time again. If I don't like 75% of the box, I will return it. 
Let me know what you think...
Did you receive a Wantable.co shipment this month? If so, what are your thoughts on your box? If you don't receive a Wantable.co beauty box yet, click here to sign up! Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)