August 21, 2014

Ipsy - August 2014: pics, swatches and mini reviews!

Hello, Beautiful!

This is my August 2014 Ipsy bag! Check out below to see what I received, a little about each product and my thoughts, as well as a break-down of the value of this month's bag!

Ipsy is just $10 a month! Each month you'll receive 4 to 6 deluxe or even full-sized products. If you want to sign-up for your own Ipsy bag, CLICK HERE (it's my referral link - you don't have to use my referral link; it only gives me points that I can save up to redeem for prizes in the future).

August 2014 Ipsy Bag


Shipment Quick Stats:
  • Value of this month's Ipsy Bag: $34.23 (value is approximate & does not include value of actual bag)
  • Total # of Items Received: 5
  • # of FULL SIZED items: 2
  • # of makeup items: 4
  • # of nail items: 0
  • # of hair care items: 1
  • # of skin care items: 0
  • # of body care items: 0
  • # of fragrance items: 0

Now I'll talk about each product...

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara





  • MY THOUGHTS: I was really hoping to get this sample in this month's bag, and I'm actually a big fan of this mascara. It is a nice rich, deep black shade and it provides great length and volume in just one coat -- two coats is the way I roll. Really happy with this mascara... might have to get this in full size when this sample runs out.
  • FULL SIZE: 0.4 fl oz @ $22.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.1 fl oz
  • VALUE: $5.50


Klorane Extra-Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk
 

  • MY THOUGHTS: This is my holy grail dry shampoo, so I was really excited to get this in my bag. I love, love, LOVE this dry shampoo. Far more than any I've tried. If you've been looking for a good dry shampoo then I highly recommend this!
  • FULL SIZE: 50 ml @ $8.99
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 50 ml
  • VALUE: $8.99


Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer
 

  • MY THOUGHTS: I am excited to try this, because it reminds me a lot of the Benefit Porefessional. I haven't tried it yet, but will absolutely put this to use!
  • FULL SIZE: 1 oz @ $45.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.25 fl oz
  • VALUE: $11.25


J. Cat Beauty Flying Solo Eye Shadow
Shade: Half Naked




  • MY THOUGHTS: A nice champagne shade, nothing unique but certainly a usable shade. Good pigmentation and texture. I'll use this for sure!
  • FULL SIZE: 0.09 oz @ $2.99
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.09 oz
  • VALUE: $2.99


Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo Nutrient Dense Anti-Aging Lip Conditioner
Flavor: Mandarin Green Orange Ginger


  • MY THOUGHTS: I really liked this... at first. I thought it smelled great and it does feel nice on the lips. However, what made me stop liking it is the flavor/scent. To me, it smells/tastes like the lemon lime Cold Eeze... and now I can't use this. They do have a Vanilla Coconut Creme flavor, which I think would be a much better option for me.
  • FULL SIZE: 0.15 oz @ $5.50
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: full size
  • VALUE: $5.50


The actual bag everything comes in...


  • This is cute in pattern, but I'm not a fan of the shape. They're okay for storing some makeup brushes or mascaras and liners, but not really totally practical. Smells like a pool inflatable.

My Thoughts On The Entire Bag...
  • FULL SIZE/DELUXE SIZE: This bag contained 2 full size items and 3 deluxe sized items.
  • VALUE: The value was approximately $34.23
  • USAGE: I will everything, except the lip balm and if I was okay with the lip balm, I would have used EVERYTHING in this bag.
  • FINAL THOUGHTS: This was a good bag; I loved it all and will use it all (minus the lip balm). Happy that Ipsy didn't give me a bad bag like the last two.

Let me know what you think...
What are your thoughts on this month's Ipsy bag? Did you receive an Ipsy bag this month? If so, what did you get in your bag? Discuss in the comments below.


2 comments:

  1. I honestly do not like that dry shampoo, I got it in my birchbox too. BUT I am so jealous you got the mascara! Ugh I wanted it sooo bad, but the plumy eyeliner is really nice! I do love me some color liners from urban decay!

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that smell from the bag, I'm going to tell my fiance you said that because when I told him how it smelled like a pool floaty he called me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @The Beauty and The Business: Haha, yes do tell him because it really does smell like that! I was really hoping to get the mascara because I had already gotten the liner a few bags back; in love with the mascara. I have not put any other mascara on my lashes since trying this one!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)