September 5, 2014

Givenchy Le Rouge Lipstick in Rose Dressing: pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I picked up the Givenchy Le Rouge Lipstick as a 100-point perk sample from Sephora, and I love this lipstick! The shade is Rose Dressing, and wow is it a pretty pink! Definitely worth my 100 points! This is the first Givenchy lipstick that I've tried, and I'm really impressed with the formula. I know the full sized lipsticks are pricey at $36 a piece -- since they come in a real leather tube -- but after trying this one I'm tempted to try some other shades. Check out all the product info, along with my full review, after the pics!

Givenchy Le Rouge Lipstick
Shade: Rose Dressing (202)








Givenchy Le Rouge Lipstick Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $36.00 (0.12 oz full size). Available on the Sephora website and everywhere else Givenchy beauty is sold.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses!

Product Info...

A semi-matte lipstick encased in genuine leather. Enjoy perfectly defined lips that last as long as you do -- and a genuine leather goods item. This lipstick-as-accessory delivers intense colors and a semi-matte finish all in one stroke, and as the first lipstick to come in real leather, it imparts a soft, supple touch and sensual feeling.


My Review...

The little mini of course didn't come in any leather; this is just your typical plastic lipstick tube, but I honestly don't care about the leather -- and think these would be way more affordable, had Givenchy decided to skip the leather packaging.

What I love is the formula. These are a semi-matte finish but go on so smooth and creamy. The color pigmentation is unreal with these - one swipe color! Really comfortable wear too. This lipstick also sticks around longer than other lipsticks - but of course wear will depend on what you're doing.

The shade I have is Rose Dressing, which is described as a bright coral pink. That's a very accurate description. Really love this shade - flattering on my light-medium skintone.

Looking at the other shades online, I'd also like to try Rose Perfecto, Hibiscus Exclusif, Corail Decollete, and Rose Boudoir.

Overall, really impressed with the formula. Could care less about the leather packaging. I'd recommend these based on formula!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this lipstick? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)