September 20, 2014

Ipsy September 2014 - value breakdown, swatches, mini reviews!

Hello, Beautiful!

This is my September 2014 Ipsy bag! Check out below to see what I received, a little about each product and my thoughts, as well as a break-down of the value of this month's bag!

P.S. Can I just rant a little about how it took me forever to save up 1,000 points and I waited to redeem them not even a month after finally reaching 1,000 points and I went to use them and suddenly had 950 points because 50 of those points had expired. UGH! So frustrating. It felt like it took forever to finally be able to redeem an Ipsy reward and this month I can redeem something because reviewing the 5 products would give me 50 more points again, but it was just a little moment where you go "reeealllly Ipsy?!". Rant over.

Ipsy is just $10 a month! Each month you'll receive 4 to 6 deluxe or even full-sized products. If you want to sign-up for your own Ipsy bag, CLICK HERE (it's my referral link - you don't have to use my referral link; it only gives me points that I can save up to redeem for prizes in the future).


September 2014 Ipsy Bag




Shipment Quick Stats:
  • Value of this month's Ipsy Bag: $37.69 (value is approximate & does not include value of actual bag)
  • Total # of Items Received: 5
  • # of FULL SIZED items: 3
  • # of makeup items: 1
  • # of nail items: 1
  • # of tools: 1
  • # of hair care items: 1
  • # of skin care items: 1
  • # of body care items: 0
  • # of fragrance items: 0

Now I'll talk about each product...

Hikari Lipstick
Shade: Cabernet




  • MY THOUGHTS: I am a lip product addict, but not the biggest fan of darker shades. In the Ipsy preview for my bag this shade looked a lot darker than it appears in person, and especially with how it swatches on my lips. It pulls way more pink toned on me, but is darker in person than what it shows in the pics on my lips; still not a super deep color but more wearable for me. The formula is just okay; I felt like it kind of dragged along my lips, but the pigmentation was really nice.
  • FULL SIZE: $13.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: Full Size
  • VALUE: $13.00


Crown Brush Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush - C476





  • MY THOUGHTS: I love makeup brushes, and after spending hours cleaning all that I have, I realized I have a makeup brush hoarding problem. I even just recently ordered a set from eBay. I don't really need anymore, but I can't stop getting them. Always happy to receive a brush in a subscription box, especially a good one. I have a lot of Crown Brush makeup brushes already, but non that are dual-ended. Honestly, I have a pet peeve with dual ended brushes because I can't store them with the rest of my brushes. I keep all my dual-ended brushes in a separate bin where they can lay flat so neither side gets squashed. This brush would be useful for travel though, since it is 2-in-1. That's likely what I'll keep it for. 
  • FULL SIZE: $6.99
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: Full Size
  • VALUE: $6.99


Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask





  • MY THOUGHTS: I have so many deep conditioning masks that I'm trying to work through, so I kind of cringed when I saw another but that just means I have even more hair goodies to keep my hair soft, shiny and healthy -- really can't complain there! It does smell nice and has a nice creamy, lightweight texture.
  • FULL SIZE: 5.25 oz @ $26.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 1 oz
  • VALUE: $4.95


LeeAnni Eco 3-in-1 Revolution Light

 

  • MY THOUGHTS: I have so much skincare right now, and I recently purged a bunch of it. I'm trying to really work through it without freaking my skin out too much by switching things up constantly, but I also don't want it all to go to waste. I find it hard to introduce new skincare all the time, but I like the idea of this product. I think I would have used this more for spring and summer, because in the fall and winter my skin goes towards the dry side, and this product is more for normal to oily skin. I may use this at some point, but right now I won't be adding it into my skincare routine.
  • FULL SIZE: 4 oz @ $29.98
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.5 oz
  • VALUE: $3.75


Pacifica 7 Free Nail Polish
Shade: Red Red Wine



  • MY THOUGHTS: I already own two Pacifica polishes - one is a pretty teal and the other is their matte top coat. Honestly, not a fan of the Red Red Wine shade but it's not horrible either. I love the formula of these polishes though! My teal shade is opaque in one coat, but I find I need two coats of this particular shade to get the intensity it requires.
  • FULL SIZE: 0.45 @ $9.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: Full Size
  • VALUE: $9.00


The actual bag everything comes in...

  • I think the bag it comes in is something I would personally use. I like it and think it's a decent size too! Not bad this month, Ipsy!


My Thoughts On The Entire Bag...
  • FULL SIZE/DELUXE SIZE: This bag contained 3 full sized items and 2 deluxe sized items.
  • VALUE: The value was approximately $37.69
  • USAGE: I will use the Crown Brush, Hikari Lipstick (selectively), the Briogeo Hair Mask, and possibly the Pacifica polish. I probably won't ever use the Leeanni Eco skincare product.
  • FINAL THOUGHTS: This wasn't my favorite bag by far, but it wasn't my worst bag either. I don't really have much else to say about this bag; it didn't wow me and there wasn't anything super ridiculous in the bag. Just eh; nothing exciting this month really. I think I like the bag more than anything!


Let me know what you think...
What are your thoughts on this month's Ipsy bag? Did you receive an Ipsy bag this month? If so, what did you get in your bag? Discuss in the comments below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)