September 1, 2014

Laura Geller - Cool Lids in Silver Sands, Bronze Beauty: pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

If you're looking for a gorgeous metallic eye, then I think you'll really love the Laura Geller Cool Lids Cream Eyeshadow. As a bonus, these shadows cool lids on contact! I have two shades to share with you in this post - one that I absolutely love, Shimmering Sands, and the other that is just a pretty bronze, Bronze Beauty.

Check out all the product info, along with my full review, after the pics!

Laura Geller Cool Lids Cream Eyeshadow
Shades: Shimmering Sands, Bronze Beauty
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.
 






Laura Geller Cool Lids Cream Eyeshadow
Shade: Shimmering Sands






Laura Geller Cool Lids Cream Eyeshadow
Shade: Bronze Beauty






Laura Geller Cool Lids Cream Eyeshadow Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $19.00 (0.3 fl oz full size). Available on the Laura Geller website, at Ulta, on the Birchbox store, and everywhere else Laura Geller is sold. QVC also sells a 3-pack (shades Silver Sands, Opal Oyster, Lavender Lagoon) for $34.56.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

Product Info...

Capturing the alluring beauty of the sea, Laura Geller introduces Cool Lids Cream Eyeshadow, a lightweight cream formula that deposits water-rich color in neutral, ocean-inspired shades. These easy-to-use eyeshadows cool on contact and dry to a transfer-proof, shimmering wet-look finish.

Currently available in 6 shades.
  • Silver Sands: cool khaki
  • Bronze Beauty: warm copper
  • Rose Gold Goddess: soft quartz
  • Lavender Lagoon: neutral violet
  • Opal Oyster: silvery taupe
  • Mermaid Marine: shimmering teal


My Review...

These remind me a lot of the Rimmel Cool Touch Shadow - anyone remember those? They remind me of those shadows in the way they feel cooling on the lids and they have a similar texture -- but the Laura Geller Cool Lids are a grown up, way better version - both in shade selection and performance.

Upon first application they do provide a nice cooling sensation - which is great in the warmer months for that extra bit of "ahhh". The cooling feeling of course goes away, so it's not going to keep you cool for hours on end, or even past several minutes - but it is a nice touch. I find that if I have puffy eyes (such as from crying), these shadows feel soooo soothing on my lids.

They have a nice smooth creamy texture that is buildable. I prefer to apply these with my fingers, but I have used a brush before -- fingertip application is definitely my preferred application method. These are great on their own or as a shadow base.

They are pricey at $19 a piece, so the QVC 3-piece bundle is the cheapest way to go if you want to to try more than one shade. The only other shade I'd really like to try is Opal Oyster.

I have two shades: Silver Sands and Bronze Beauty.

Silver Sands is for sure my favorite of the two shades. Just a really pretty taupey metallic shade. It has a mix of silver, taupe, gray and champagne all together. If there is one shade you try, let is be Silver Sands. I think it will compliment a lot of different skintones and will pull slightly different in hue depending on your skintone due to how dimensional the shade can be.

Bronze Beauty is really pretty bronze, but I find it a bit too warm - a bit orange copper on me, but it may pull differently on you. I still have used it on its own and under other shadow and was able to get a really pretty eye look.

Both these shades are pretty metallic - so if you're not into that kind of look then these are not for you. But if you do like a metallic look on the eye, then you'll fall in love with these. Super quick and easy to get a stunning metallic look!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this product? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. Bronze beauty is a stunner! i love waterproof crease resistant cream colors! These look and sound amazing, I totally would wear just the bronze shade with a slick of winged eyeliner and lots of mascara!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)