September 23, 2014

Milani Constellation Gel Eye Liner - all 3 shades: swatches, pics, review!

Hello, Beautiful!

I ooh'd and ahh'd over how absolutely gorgeous the Milani Constellation Gel Eye Liners are... they are so super pretty that I almost didn't want to even swatch them. They are probably the prettiest gel liners I've ever seen! With that being said, that pretty factor is just a gorgeous over-spray to the actual product that lies below. But don't let that let you down; these liners still have a beauty all their own! Check out all the product info, along with my full review, after the pics!

Milani Constellation Gel Eye Liners
Shades: 01 Enchanted Lapis, 02 Enchanted Black Opal, 03 Enchanted Emerald
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.










Milani Constellation Gel Eye Liner
Shade: 01 Enchanted Lapis

 








Milani Constellation Gel Eye Liner
Shade: 02 Enchanted Black Opal

 








Milani Constellation Gel Eye Liner
Shade: 03 Enchanted Emerald

 








Milani Constellation Gel Eye Liner Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $5.99 (0.14 oz full size). Available on the Milani website, at Walgreens and CVS.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses!

Product Info...

Have you ever gazed into the night sky and experienced the rich velvety blanket of darkness harmoniously decorated with twinkling diamonds of light? Now you can capture the beauty of the night sky in a classic cat eye or a sultry smokey eye. Constellation Gel Eye Liner allows you to achieve a variety of looks from a striking liner to a shimmering shadow that is long-wearing, smudge-proof and will last from dusk till dawn.

Each gel eye liner comes with a mini liner brush.

Although I'm not 100%, I do believe these are limited edition - so if you want them, grab them when you see 'em!

Available in three shades:
  • 01 Enchanted Lapis
  • 02 Enchanted Black Opal
  • 03 Enchanted Emerald



My Review...

As I mentioned at the beginning of this blog post, I was absolutely in awe of how gorgeous these are straight out of the package. Milani really knocked it out of the park with such a gorgeous galaxy-in-a-jar, looking gel eye liner. My curiosity grew as to wonder if it was just an over spray or if it was throughout the entire product.

The gorgeous galaxy look is just an over spray, which may be disappointing at first but then you look closer at the actual shade that lies beneath and you may just fall in love all over again! What I want to point out is that Milani actually lists on the back of the product that it is a shimmer over spray - which is nice to see, since a lot of products have an over spray and don't disclose it at all. Although it isn't listed on the cardboard packaging. Still, at least they mention it!

Out of the three shades, I thought I would like Enchanted Emerald the least but it actually turned out to be my favorite! In my opinion, it's the one with the most dimension -- truly one shade you need to swatch and see in person! I would describe it as a gorgeous metallic emerald green with a black smoke thrown into it. There's also green glitter that doesn't look chunky - it's just the right amount to add sparkle. It's seriously such a gorgeous shade and the one that I love the most --- which is saying a lot, considering I don't normally like green shades. I love this one so much I've used it all over my lid for a dramatic green smokey eye and it was gorgeous.... why I didn't photograph it, I don't know... I'll have to re-create it in the future and do an Instagram post or something.

The next shade I really loved was the Enchanted Lapis. Although this one seemed to be the only one that had no shimmer or glitter after the over spray, it still was such a gorgeous navy blue shade that had hints of purple to it that made me love it oh so much. You really can't see the purple in the photos, but trust me in person it's there. I really like using navy blue to make the whites of my eyes look brighter!

Enchanted Black Opal isn't very black at all, at least not to me. I'd call it more of a charcoal with silver glitter. Even though I do like this shade, I don't think it's terribly unique - but it's still very pretty and if you want a gunmetal eye look, this will get you there in no time flat!

As far as how to use them, of course use them just as you would any other gel liner - with the included brush or whatever eye liner brush you prefer. But you can also use them all over the lid as a cream shadow, and I have done that and shadows layer over top nicely once they dried down.

I do want to say I felt like when I did use them all over the lid (and even when swatched on my hand), it took a bit to really fully dry down and set, so don't discourage if you feel like they wipe off after a minute or so, give it some time to set and you'll be good to go!

They are very creamy and very pigmented. They really do glide on easily and I think the shades are flattering on all and everyone no matter what eye colors you have, since they all have a bit of dimension to them.

Overall, I was pretty impressed with these - both by looks (first looks and after swatching) and performance. The Enchanted Emerald shade is definitely the one that is the most unique out of all three, but I really do like them all and have used them all. For $5.99 each, they're a steal - especially with the included brush! Plus, you can usually find some sort of sale/deal going on at the drugstore!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these gel liners from Milani? What shade is your favorite? Have you tried them or are they on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful shades and a great review ! thanks for doing this ! - RT

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)