September 26, 2014

NARS Audacious Lipsticks: Brigitte, Anita, Natalie - swatches, pics, review!

Hello, Beautiful!

After watching and reading multiple rave reviews on the NARS Audacious Lipsticks, I couldn't fight the urge any longer and I treated myself to three of them. Narrowing down to just three was really difficult, considering the shade range is gorgeous. There are also 10 shades exclusive to Barney's New York (but you can buy those from the NARS website). In this post I have the shades Brigitte, Anita, and Natalie. Yes, these are expensive lipsticks at $32 a piece.... so the big question is, are they worth it? Read my full review below to see my thoughts!

NARS Audacious Lipsticks
Shades: Brigitte, Anita, Natalie
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.







NARS Audacious Lipstick
Shade: Brigitte







NARS Audacious Lipstick
Shade: Anita







NARS Audacious Lipstick
Shade: Natalie






NARS Audacious Lipstick Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $32.00 (0.14 oz full size). Available on the NARS website, at Sephora, Barney's New York, and everywhere else NARS is sold.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

Product Info...

Its luxurious, pigment-rich formula glides on intense, full-coverage color in a single stroke. A specially embossed bullet, dressed in a matte-black metallic case, reveals a strikingly sculptural design. House in a modern, matte-black metallic case with a magnetic closure.

One stroke to unstoppable impact. 40 shades of charismatic color.



My Review...

Everyone went crazy over these, and for good reason. People I think are getting too hyped about them though, and saying they are the most amazing lipstick formula in the world. While I do think these are amazing - especially at first application - I personally don't think they are the best lipstick formula in the world. In my humble opinion, the Sensai Lipstick was the most luxurious lipstick my lips have ever met.

The NARS Audacious Lipstick formula is really amazing though - especially upon first application. They go on incredibly pigmented and super creamy. They truly are one-stroke color. They also feel great on the lips.... at first.

However, after about an hour they start to feel drying on my lips - to the point that I want to re-apply or use a lip balm over top. Not everyone may feel that way though, because I do have extremely dry lips, but I couldn't write my review without mentioning that.

Regardless of how they may start to feel a bit drying, I still am in love with these lipsticks. They also stain the lips slightly, so the color will stick around for a very long time.

Out of the three shades I purchased, Brigitte and Anita are definite winners in my book. The shade Natalie, however, is just a bit too neon for my liking - especially at the moment. Maybe in the summer I'd wear it once or twice, but it's not a shade I'd wear often enough so I'm going to exchange it for a different shade of NARS Audacious Lipstick --- probably in the shade Juliette or maybe I'll go for one of the exclusive ones on the NARS website; I love Julie, Marissa, Kelly and Dominique from the exclusive shades.

Please excuse my lip swatches this time around; they're not the best because I just jumped into swatching these as soon as they arrived and my lips were super chapped/dry before hand. They look a lot better when your lips are not dry and chapped like mine, lol.

The packaging is really nice - it's all magnetic, which means you won't need to worry about the cap coming off in your makeup bag/purse. But I wonder if the magnetic case will mess with my phone... hmm, probably not but it's food for thought. I really like playing with the magnetic packaging though... it can be entertaining if you're bored, lol.

Overall, I think these lipsticks are super hyped up and within good reason. But I didn't really see a lot of people mention the dryness factor and I really wanted to make sure I mentioned that in my review. I feel like for a $32 lipstick it shouldn't feel that way, especially after an hour or so. Certainly not the most hydrating lipsticks - I actually think the Too Faced La Creme Lipsticks are far more hydrating, especially for longer - but it's a problem that is easily worked around. I either apply more lipbalm before applying these or I apply a lip balm whenever I start to feel the dryness coming on.... or I'll just re-apply the lipstick because I like how they feel upon first application!

Do I think these are the lipstick to end all lipsticks? No, certainly not. But do I like these? Absolutely!! And yes, I'd even recommend them!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these lipsticks? What shade do you like best? Have you tried them or are they on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

4 comments:

  1. The lip swatches are beautiful here, thanks for your honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really helpful review - ty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful lipsticks, but I feel like you don't get much product...or is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Miss Jae: I agree it does seem that way based on how they look; you get 0.14 oz with the NARS lipsticks but the Milani Color Statement Lipsticks are also 0.14 oz, so I think they're pretty much around the norm; I'm sure there is more in the tube under the bullet we see; I always get so much lipstick when I scoop out that extra bit!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)