September 18, 2014

tarte Colored Clay CC Eye Primer: swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

tarte has come out with a new eye primer that I recently tested out, and have been using pretty often in place of my other eyeshadow primers. It's called the Colored Clay CC Eye Primer. This eye primer comes in a twist-up chubby pencil, making it pretty easy to use and travel friendly too. Check out all the product info, along with my full review, after the pics!

tarte Colored Clay CC Eye Primer

  


 





tarte Colored Clay CC Eye Primer Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $21.00 (0.13 oz full size). Available on the tarte Cosmetics website, at Sephora, at Ulta, and everywhere else tarte Cosmetics are sold.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

Product Info...

A universal eye primer infused with lid nourishing and color-correcting colored clay.

Discover tarte's newest primer innovation with this universal CC eye primer stick! Infused with color-correcting and skin-nourishing colored clay, this smoothing eye primer absorbs excess oil on the lids, offering a neutral base for the perfect eyeshadow application. The lightweight waterproof formula works overtime to address the appearance of redness and discoloration, while providing a gentle skin balance and instantly brightening the delicate skin on the eyelid. Simply prep the lid with the easy-glide, neutral pencil tip prior to makeup application for better wear and truer shadow payoff that can last for up to 12 hours.


My Review...

When I first starting testing this out I had mixed thoughts on the packaging style of this eye primer. I am used to a squeeze tube, doe-foot applicator, or a jar. I don't think I had ever tried an eyeshadow primer in a twist-up chubby pencil. I wasn't sure if it was going to be too dry or too hard in texture to apply to my eyes, but I surprisingly found it useful and I'll tell you why.

This style packaging makes it incredibly easy to primer you inner corner and lower lash line! I'm not sure how well it will continue to work once the point dulls down, but I've been using this for at least a month now (if not longer) and I still have a good point on mine.

It does go on a lot smoother and creamier than I had initially thought it would. The pencil itself can feel hard on the eye ball when you're applying it (if your eyes are sensitive) but nothing overly bothersome. I do apply it straight from the pencil and then take my finger to blend it. The heat from your finger will really help blend this out.

The coloring of this is slightly pinky/peachy in undertone, which does a good job at neutralizing my eyelids (which can look red, dark brown or even purple depending on the day and how much sleep I've had). Just like most other eyeshadow primers, I find this makes my shadows show their true colors, last longer, and help prevent any creasing.

One negative I do want to point out is if you have very dry eyelids - like I can sometimes get - this can make them look even drier. I don't always have that issue with these - as I said, I don't have dry eyelids every single day - but when I do have dry eyelids I often will take this off and use the Too Faced Shadow Insurance, which is a bit more like a liquid-cream in texture and more moisturizing.

I think this will last a long while, as I said I've been using this for a month or longer and I barely see a dent in usage.



Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this eyeshadow primer? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)