September 2, 2014

tarte LipSurgence Lip Gloss in Flush, Blushing Bride & Park Ave. Princess - swatches, pics, review!

Hello, Beautiful!

I have yet another great tarte product to share with you in this blog post, and this is a product that has been living in my purse - and more importantly, living on my lips - since I got these. I'm talking about the tarte LipSurgence Lip Glosses! I have three shades: Flush, Blushing Bride, and Park Ave. Princess. I don't wear Park Ave. Princess as much, but Flush and Blushing Bride should be staples in everyone's collection.

Check out all the product info, along with my full review, after the pics!

tarte LipSurgence Lip Gloss
Shades: Flush, Blushing Bride, Park Ave. Princess
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.








tarte LipSurgence Lip Gloss
Shade: Flush












tarte LipSurgence Lip Gloss
Shade: Blushing Bride














tarte LipSurgence Lip Gloss
Shade: Park Ave. Princess








tarte LipSurgence Lip Gloss Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $19.00 (0.27 fl oz full size). Available on the tarte Cosmetics website, at Sephora, at Ulta, and everywhere else tarte Cosmetics are sold.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

Product Info...

Inspired by tarte's award-winning lip tints, this glossy addition to the LipSurgence family will perfect your pout with a brightening pop of color and lasting shine.

This hybrid addition to tarte's signature LipSurgence line delivers all the plumped-up benefits of a gloss and pigmented performance of a tint in an antioxidant-rich formula. Each ultra-hydrating, vanilla flavored lip gloss imparts natural-looking color to enhance your complexion while drenching lips in moisture and mega-watt, non-sticky shine. Infused with vitamin E, jojoba seed oil and flower extract, this multi-tasking formula helps smooth the look of fine lines and wrinkles while moisturizing dry lips for a healthy, plumped-up appearance that lasts. The unique applicator wand features an ergonomic tip that gently glides around the shape of your lips for a foolproof application every time.

Available in glossy versions of 10 signature tarte shades:
  • limited edition Envy -- mauve berry
  • Park Ave. Princess -- radiant bronze
  • Flush -- berry rose
  • Blushing Bride -- mauve pink
  • Tipsy -- sheer coral
  • Blissful -- warm peach
  • Fearless -- shimmering pink coral
  • Natural Beauty -- sheer shimmering red
  • Exposed -- nude rose
  • True Love -- watermelon

Vitamin E is a natural preservative that also acts as an anti-inflammatory emollient & antioxidant. Jojoba Seed Oil is a natural soothing extract that leaves lips soft, supple and smooth. Flower Extract moisturizes for healthy, hydrated lips.



My Review...

I don't know why exactly, but my lips LOVE this lip gloss formula. I have very dry, flaky lips constantly and I can't use a lot of lip products because they either dry out my lips, cling to the dry skin, or just look really patchy because my lips aren't perfect. Of course I exfoliate and use good lip balms, but if I don't keep up with it throughout the day my lips turn bad very quickly.

These tarte glosses feel like a cushiony balm on my lips. My lips always look glossy and healthy when I use these. They're non-sticky, go on smoothly, and have great color for a gloss - they're not super pigmented but they will give your lips color. You could wear alone or topped over a lipstick. You can build the gloss to get a more intense color payoff and it still feels good on the lips.

The applicator is a doe-foot but has an indent curve that hugs your lips, giving you a great application.

One major point I want to point out is if you were never a fan of the tarte LipSurgence chubby pencils because of the minty scent - which for some reason a lot of people hate - you'll be relieved and excited to hear that these glosses don't have that mint scent or taste. In fact, they hardly have any scent at all. If anything, maybe a hint of vanilla - and it's a very faint hint.

Out of the three shades I have - Flush, Blushing Bride, Park Ave. Princess - I wear Blushing Bride the most, followed by Flush. I don't reach for Park Ave. Princess much because the other two are non-shimmers, where as Park Ave. Princess does have shimmer and I feel it looks better topped on a lipstick, at least on my skintone.

These glosses have lived in my purse because they are the perfect no-thought gloss - especially the shade Blushing Bride, which is a great purse shade because it will go with anything.

As far as tarte's shade descriptions, I think they're close to being accurate to how I would describe them. For example, they describe Flush as a berry rose but I'd describe Flush as a medium bright rose pink.

They describe Blushing Bride as a mauve pink, where as I'd describe it as a your lips but better pinky nude (and we all know the "your lips but better" phrase is subjective to your own natural lip color).

They describe Park Ave. Princess as a radiant bronze, but on my lips it's more of a very sheer beige nude with golden shimmer.

Also, I want to point out that Flush is more bright in tone than what the lip swatch is showing; it's definitely closer to how the hand swatch shows it.

I guess the only con I could point out is the price tag - at $19 a piece it can be hard to invest in a gloss that isn't full-on pigmentation. There are some drugstore products comparable in shade and maybe even slightly in feel, but I haven't found anything exact, at least not in my collection.

I really like these glosses and look forward to hopefully seeing a set of them during the holidays (maybe... please tarte do this?!!).

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these lip glosses? What shade is your favorite? Have you tried them or are they on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

3 comments:

  1. I really love the last two shades! I'm a fan of sheer lipglosses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi
    i love all of them :)

    kisses
    P.S. i'm back to my blog :)
    http://sweet1candy.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I know lip gloss are mostly sheer but I don't think it as sheer as tarte'...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)