September 21, 2014

tarte The Slenderizor Bamboo Contouring Brush: pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I'm a makeup brush junkie; I certainly don't need anymore but I can't help but keep buying them. There's always a newer, better, softer, denser, better blending brush on the market.... or so it seems. Although I'm not the biggest fan of dual-ended brushes, I was really intrigued by tarte's The Slenderizer Bamboo Contouring Brush. This is supposed to go hand-in-hand with tarte's The Sculptor Contouring Face Slenderizer (which I also did a review on), but you could use it with anything really. I'll tell you how I like to use it in my review below, after the pics!

tarte The Slenderizer
Bamboo Contouring Brush

 

 




tarte The Slenderizer Bamboo Contouring Brush Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $32.00. Available on the tarte website, at Sephora, at Ulta, at QVC (this is $28 at QVC, but there is $5.22 shipping, making it actually cost $33.22) and everywhere else tarte cosmetics are sold.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

Product Info...

Mutli-functional, double-ended contour brush for a seamlessly sculpted, slimmer appearance.

Create that professional contoured look in seconds with The Slenderizer Bamboo Contour Brush, crafted with sustainably harvested bamboo and soft, synthetic bristles. This easy-to-use complement to The Sculptor Contouring Face Slenderizer seamlessly buffs the perfect contour using the denser, domed side of the double-ended brush. Next, blend away any harsh lines with ease using the fluffy, angled side for flawlessly finished looks.


My Review...

Even though I'm not the biggest fan of dual-ended brushes (simply because I hate storing them - but I love them for travel), I am a fan of this tarte brush! Actually, I'm a fan of just about every single tarte brush I've ever gotten so it's no surprise that I love this one as well.

It's a soft brush on both ends, with the shorter end being domed and more dense - making it great for precision contour blending - and the angled end being fluffier, making it great for blending and buffing out a product.

I love using this for contouring - and although I don't use it with tarte's The Sculptor Contouring Face Slenderizer (see my review on that for why it wasn't a favorite), I do use it with other contouring products, mostly powders as that's what I have at the moment for favorite contour shades. But this works great with cream products too.

You can even use this brush to apply foundation! Perfect for cream foundations, great with liquid foundations, and fantastic with powder foundations as well. I've been using it a lot for foundation and I use the denser, domed side to kind of pack on and get more coverage, and then the angled side to buff and blend it all in.

At $32 this is a pricey brush on its own, but tarte often includes brushes with products when you buy them from QVC and sometimes in various kits on their website or at Sephora and Ulta. Just keep an eye out and if you see this brush in a kit or sold with a product, I'd recommend getting it if you're looking for a multi-use brush that could be used for both contouring and your foundation!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this brush? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)